First Day

"Attention everyone!" Gerard shouted and got everyone's attention, "meet Frank, your new teammate."

From Gerard, their attention turned to Frank. Frank scanned the room and noticed that everyone was getting ready to go out. The only people he recognized were Bob, Dallon and Hayley.

"Um, what do you mean 'our new teammate?'" Bob stepped out and asked, "I mean, no offence Gerard, but he doesn't exactly look like a fighter."

"Bob, I know what I'm doing, ok?" Gerard said, "just trust me."

Bob backed away, giving Frank a dirty look. Gerard turned to Frank and said, "go meet the team and get ready, we're going out."

Frank did as he was told. He went with Dallon and Hayley and they both introduced him to everyone else. There were Bert, who was as short as Frank, which made him feel better knowing he's not the only shorty. There was Remington, Sebastian and Emerson, who were the 'inseparable trio', like Hayley said. And there was Andy and it looked like he was really close with Bob, so Frank noted to stay away from him.

"Alright, everyone!" Gerard called and got everyone's attention again. He now had a black leather jacket on, a gun in his belt and Frank's bow in his hand with a bag of arrows as well. He scanned everyone in the room and said, "get in your everyday groups and you know what to do. Frank," he turned to Frank and handed him the bow and arrows, "you come with us."

"He's gonna shoot arrows?" Bob laughed as he looked at the stuff in Frank's hands.

"Yes Bob," Gerard said, starting to get annoyed, "he has a hawk's eye, but can't shoot guns."

"Why is he here there?" Bob continued.

"Because I said so," Gerard said calmly. "If I think he's good for this team, then he's good for this team, you don't question my orders."

Bob opened his mouth to protest more but closed it back again. He gave Frank one last dirty look before joining his friends again. Frank threw the bag of arrows on his back and looked at Gerard for further instructions.

Instead of saying anything, Gerard opened the doors and walked out, followed by Dallon and Hayley. Frank followed them, noticing the stares Bob was giving him. Frank just doesn't know what his problem is. He's been giving him shit since he got here.

The three were walking faster than Frank, leaving him a bit behind. They were chatting together about something Frank couldn't hear. Not like he cared, he was in his own thoughts. However, he was snapped out of it when he heard his name being called.

"Frank!" Gerard yelled again.

"What?" He questioned as he looked up at Gerard.

"I said tell us about your old life," Gerard repeated what he was saying.

"There's nothing to tell," Frank sniffed, "my life was boring."

"Oh, common!" Gerard whined, "you can't tell me nothing interesting happened in your life."

"Not really," Frank shrugged, "I mean my whole life was controlled by my parents so I didn't get to live it my own way."

"You said your parents have passed away," Gerard said, "what happened?"

"It was- um- I don't-" Frank started but couldn't finish. Telling them what happened means going back to that day. He doesn't want that. So instead he took a deep breath and said, "nothing."

The three gave each other a look before Gerard spoke again, "Frank, you know you have to talk about your life so we can figure out what possibly could've killed you. Dallon is the smartest person you'll ever meet. He'll help you."