𝐢𝐢. 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯?

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 — shall we begin?

━━━━━━━

 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒. 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 whole hours later and yet Stephen Strange was still sitting upon the doorsteps of the Kamar-Taj pleading, no, begging to be let back inside. Rain had fallen, slicking his hair against his cold and pale skin, his clothes clung to him, almost as desperate as himself to be allowed into the warmth.

 Emilia had to hand it to him, he certainly had some patience; though at the same time, who wouldn't bang on the door and scream to be let inside after the things the former surgeon saw? The things he would have seen were unlike anything; colours merging together like a kaleidoscope, pictures flying past the eyes as though you'd been transported into a Picasso painting.

 The Ancient One didn't budge; she continued on with the day, supervising the sparring between Emilia and Mordo, who was most certainly off his game and missed a majority of his jabs. He'd been speaking the entire time, muttering about the man on their doorsteps, it was obvious he believed in giving the man a second chance.

 That was Mordo; seeing the best in people because that is exactly what the Ancient One had seen in him.

 Now Emilia found herself standing within a room of the Kamar-Taj that held the doorways to the different sanctums, each one buzzing with energy as men and women walked to and fro between them. There was a globe upon a pedestal in the very centre of the room to which the Ancient One was checking up on; it displayed far more than what it would seem.

 The Sorcerer Supreme could check the magical defences that were held together by the very sanctums surrounding them, ensuring the world was safe from the more... Mystical threats.

 Emilia tilted her head to the side as Stephen's voice carried through the air once again, begging to be let inside, whilst Mordo sighed to himself, sparing a glance to the Sorcerer Supreme who quirked a brow, "You think I was wrong to cast him out?"

 Mordo simply shrugged his shoulders, lips quirking upwards as Stephen's voice pleaded through the wooden doors, "Five hours later and he's still at your doorstep."

 "And you, Emilia?"

 The woman in question paused for a moment as the Sorcerer Supreme and Master Mordo waited for an answer; whilst she wasn't a master, nor on the path to becoming one, they more often than not sought her counsel as well as one another's.

 Stephen Strange; during the time between his rejection to now, Emilia had looked his name up. A surgeon, one of the very best in fact, and his whole career had crumbled the second his car dove off the cliffside.

 Emilia... She believed in second chances, but she also knew of Kaecilius. The Ancient One had warned her, told her what the man and his disciples craved; it was obvious that a fight would soon arrive and they could use another set of hands.