𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 — that was kinda dark

━━━━━━━

 𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐖𝐀𝐒 alight with nerves.

 She had no idea what would be the best course of action from there on out; they were stuck in space, in a ship that surely only Tony knew — or at least could figure out how to pilot. But would he, Tony Stark, the man who wanted nothing more than to shroud his world in a case of metal, take them home?

 Would Tony Stark, self-proclaimed — and rightly so — hero, take the small team of misfits back to their world, stone in tow? Or would he rush headfirst into another battle, doing anything, and everything to keep the fight far from those he loved most. Then again, one of those 'loved ones' was standing on the very same ship as he.

 Peter Parker. It was no mystery to anybody aboard the ship — except maybe Peter himself — that Tony cared for the boy in the same way a father cared for his son. Emilia had caught Tony's calculating hazelnut gaze soften into a dollop of melted chocolate when his eyes had landed upon the teenager who stood to the back of their group, keeping his wringing hands to himself.

 The man in question, Stark, was mumbling to himself. His finger was smoothing over the lines that shrouded his thinned lips as he trailed his eyes over the technology before him, "The ship is self-correcting its course. Thing's on autopilot..."

 Stephen perked up, something akin to hope allowing his trembling fingers to laxen, nails no longer etching crescent moons into the skin of his palm, "Can we control it? Fly us home?"

 Tony didn't respond.

 "Stark?"

 "Yeah." Tony finally conceded, snapping his line of sight to fall upon the Doctor who regarded him with narrowed eyes.

 "Can you get us home?"

 "Yeah, I heard you. I'm thinking... I'm not so sure we should."

 "Under no circumstance can we bring the Time Stone to Thanos. I don't think you quite understand what's at stake here."

 Stephen wanted to grab the man by his shoulders, shake him to make him understand the severity of their situation. The Stone resting within the Eye of Agamotto felt as though it was burning through his robes, singing his chest. Making him aware that a threat was well on its way, ready to snatch up the Stone, and half of humanity with it.

 Stephen's eyes unwillingly found Emilia who was already eyeing him, clearly having caught his minute change in emotion like a hawk. She always did say he was an easy read. He surveyed her, eyes softening with each passing millisecond until cerulean snapped to emerald.