6.Back to work

Hiya all❤️ Sorry for the delay in updating. I'm trying to write better than I have been because lately I feel that my writing could be better and isn't great to read🙁 But hope you all enjoy this chapter💕
——————
Penny's POV
I was currently waiting in the hospital to check up on my injuries. I was on my own as Sam had been called to the station. I had to let him go because no one knew we were together yet. It had been three months since Sam official asked me to be his girlfriend. Those three months had been amazing and I couldn't wait for more. Everyone knew that I had been staying at Sam's and Bronwyn and Ellie both took that as a chance to annoy me.
Group chat from a few weeks ago:
Ellie- So penny what's it like living with Sam ;)xx
Penny- Oh Ellie leave it! Nothings happening between us. xx
Bronwyn- Penny, we all know that you like him so just tell him how you feel xx
Penny-NO! He wouldn't feel the same and I'm okay with being friends, best friends at that xx

Obviously I had been lying. When they messaged me I was cuddled up to Sam. He had been curious to who I was messaging so I showed him and he had something to say.
"Penny you know if you didn't tell me or the other way around I would have told you. There would have been no way I could have had you here and not done anything about it."

"Penelope Morris" The nurses voice cut me out of my thoughts and I stood up and followed her into a room where she asked me to take a seat. She finished my examination and said I was free to go back to work. I left the hospital and jumped back into my car and drove towards  the station. While in the car I had a message, I wasn't one to check my phone while driving so once I arrived outside the station I looked at my phone to see it was a message from Sam.

Hey my gorgeous love,when you have finished at the hospital come to the station please. I love you xx
I had to smile.He always has been this way every-time I left without him.
Hi Sam, I'm at the station. I don't check my phone when I drive. I love you too xx

I turned the car engine off and walked into the station where I was immediately hugged by Ellie and Elvis.

"What! Oh Ell and Elv."

"Hi penny. Are you allowed to work now?" They said letting me go and jumping up and down.

"Yeah I am. Where is Sam, Steele and Arnold" I asked confused.

"Well me and Steele are here Penny but for Sam we don't know." Arnold said coming down the stairs where he and Steele also hugged me.

"That's weird. Sam messaged saying he wanted to see me." I said. I looked around and saw Sam's hair out of the corner by the stairs. I turned to everyone and placed a finger to my lips. I quietly made my way over to the stairs.

"BOO!" I screamed.

"AHH!" Sam screamed and fell down the last two steps. Everyone bursted out laughing.
"Not cool Penny. Not cool!"

I helped him up with a hand and only once he stood up he pulled me into a hug and kissed me which must have surprised the team.

"OMG!! Finally." Ellie said. "So while me and Bronwyn were messaging you. You too have been loved up this whole time."

"Yep! We have been since the day Penny was injured." Sam said. "We both couldn't be happier.

He pulled me upstairs and into Steele's office. He asked me to sit down so that's exactly what I did.

"How did it go at the hospital?" He asked taking my hand.

"It went well. There is a minor issue though. Nothing bad... well at least I hope." I said the last part more quietly and looked at the floor.

"What happened love? Tell me."

"Well firstly, I can work again. But probably not for long." I took out the picture in my pocket and placed it in his hand. He took it and I watched how his worried look turned into a happy and then the tears flowed out of his eyes.

"For real! I'm so happy!!!" He screamed. He lifted me up and hugged me but being careful of the baby. He kissed me quickly as the door opened revealing Charlie and the team.

"What's wrong we heard Sam scream?" Charlie asked. Sam looked at me as if for the all clear. I nodded and he began to speak.

"Penny's pregnant!"
I could see their faces drop. Charlie was the first one to regain and he walked towards me and pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you for making my brother happy. And for my first niece or nephew. Hopefully soon you'll be my sister-in-law."

"We make each other happy." I replied pulling back as everyone else began to hug us.

Life was almost complete...❤️

————
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Hoping to do another soon. Thanks for reading.❤️❤️;)