Twenty-One

"Percy! Wai—Percy!"

Percy ignores Saros and sprints through the lengthy corridors of the palace. His skin is freezing, and the dark, galactic marble walls warp his perception as he makes several sharp turns, hoping he remembered properly where his destination is. Nothing can explain how he felt in those moments.

All he sees is blue.

It's sorrow. It's bittersweet. It's fear. It was a mix of emotions even the Universe would not be able to explain.

And most of all, it's pain.

Seeing his own mother standing beside Chaos bothers him a lot more than he'd admit. He doesn't know why he feels this way, but he knew one thing in this moment:

He needs to find Chaos.

Saros still chases after him, but with each passing second Percy's pace just continues to increase, his legs carry him with a renewed vigor he thought he had lost long ago. The walls blur in his peripheral as he continues to speed through the hallways. The need for explanations was the only thing he wanted.

Mom is Order? Then how did she end up on Earth? Why did he see golden eyes in the Void? His mom as about as mortal as it gets, how was any of this possible?

He ignores the growing soreness in his legs and continues through the gigantic palace, but a sudden pulling in his mind makes him stumble slightly. A voice in distress, what is it?

He slowly stops in his tracks, the pulling is coming from the opposite direction of Chaos' office. The distress only grows as he feels it get farther away, doing its best to tug him in the direction of it. It needs help.

With a final decision, Percy starts running again, but this time in the direction of the sensation. Something—no, someone is asking for help.

He weaves through corridors he's never been through before, going only off of his instincts to find this person in distress. When the sensation grows immensely stronger, he pauses for a moment before carefully rounding a corner to find a sight he was not expecting to see. A man trudges down the corridors, gait awkward and aura off.

"Rigel?" He asks, recognizing him. He slowly approaches the commander with a wary feeling. The distress is coming off of him in waves that almost makes Percy nauseous.

Something is wrong.

Rigel's skin is pale, and his tattoos are now a glowing silver-tone instead of red. The roots of his hair are stark white and his expression is glassy and unseeing as he carries galaxy-like dual swords with thick, odd looking gloves.

It takes Percy a moment to realize that the dual swords were the ones that were hanging on the wall in Chaos' office. His heart skips a beat, this was were the distressed feeling came from.

Get the swords. Something in his mind was telling him. He unconsciously agrees and tries to intercept the commanders, but freezes at the sounds of Saros hastily rounding the corner after him.

"Freaking stars Percy! Why are you so fast?" Saros gasps, but stops once seeing the odd sight. "Rigel? Woah wha—" Before he could finish his sentence, Rigel lifts his hand, which forces Saros to fly several feet backwards, only stopped by crashing the wall at the end.

Rigel doesn't have telepathic powers—at least from what Percy knew.

"Saros!" He yells, ready to run towards his groaning friend, but gasps as he also feels a force push him back. Though he is able to root himself before he gets too far. His shoes screech loudly against the marble as he struggles against the force.