Eight

Chaos' office was not what Percy expected.

Much like the rest of the palace, the walls dance with the endless expanse of stars and vibrant galaxies. Several file cabinets line the walls as a desk sits in the back center of the office with Chaos typing furiously at what looked like a holographic computer screen. Two armchairs sit across from his desk, and a large window lines the entire back of the office to finish the contemporary-modern look.

"Ah, Percy," Chaos says, still not looking up from what he was typing. "Please, have a seat, I will get to you shortly."

Percy wordlessly approaches and sits himself into one of the armchairs, mildly surprised at how comfortable it was. He continues to closely examine the office of the creator. It was pristine to say the least. Even the decorations had their own exact purpose. Two swords hang on the left wall, seemingly blending into the designs of the galactic marble. He wouldn't have even noticed them if he were not looking so closely.

The smell of chocolate and licorice wafts through the room, sending a feeling of nostalgia through Percy. It reminded him of when his mom used to work at the candy shop. Even after her quitting her job, she still smelled like the sweet candy; he smiles at the bittersweet memory.

The hologram screen abruptly flickers off, and Chaos looks up to Percy with his intent eyes. "Sorry to keep you waiting, there was a file that needed my immediate attention. Now, lets get down to business, shall we?" The keyboard also flickers away, and Chaos leans back in his chair. "It's been about a day and a half since you've been shown around and exposed to Aevum, what do you think?" Percy's eyes drift as he thinks.

"It's definitely...interesting." Percy recalls the startling architecture and vibrant colors of the entire military base. "I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet, but it seems like a nice place."

Chaos nods. "That's something to hear. How are you feeling? Has there been any if the symptoms happening?"

"Surprisingly no." He admits. Even though Chaos listed all of the possible symptoms from yesterday, he hadn't experienced any of them yet(which, in his opinion, is a blessing)."I'm feeling pretty fine; maybe a little tired from the testing though."

Chaos smiles and nods. "That's also good, how did that go?"

Percy has a flash of all of the commander's and officer's weapons pointed in his direction, ready to kill him at a single shift. "Honestly? No response."

The creator let's out a hearty laugh, his eyes crinkling with his smile lines. Percy feels a warmth in his heart at the lighthearted sight, and lets the corners of his mouth tilt up slightly. "That's the usual response from my officers. Though I have a feeling your situation may be different. What score did you get overall?"

"Um, a 1500 I think?" Percy recalls the large board displaying a number that Galexia explained to him(not that he was paying that much attention).

Chaos' smile slowly fades and Percy shifts. "What's wrong? It's that bad? Did I do something wrong?"

"No it's not, it's just..." Chaos trails slightly before finding the words. "My best officers and commanders highest scores have been of the range of 700 to 900."

"Oh." The responses of everyone already made sense after he talked with Elara, but he wasn't expecting it to be that much of a difference. "So not bad, but definitely above average."

"Correct." Chaos nods. "We'll probably do a few other tests throughout this week, but do you have any questions you would like to ask?"

Percy does have a few questions, but he knows that each one is going to take a while to answer.