Chapter 6

Prem has not been on campus for past 5 months, he has not been making or answering any calls. Those 5 months were tough for Boun, so tough that he has started to think the worst on Prem. Prem had promised that they will keep in contact, but his phone has been off for the past 5 months. Boun not being able to hold on anymore, he decided to go to Prem's hometown to look for him and and find out where he has been these past 5 months.

When he got to Prem's hometown, he asked around about Prem's house and go the directions. Prem's house was smaller than he imagined. He now got to understand why Prem appreciated everything that he was given. Entering the yard was easy, but knocking at the door was the difficult part. Boun wanted to turn back and just leave, but then he remembered what had brought him there.

...

*Knock on the door*

"I am coming", that was Prem's voice. His voice sounded dead, it had no emotions. When Prem opened the door, all that Boun saw was a skinny, pale guy who seems to have been through a rough time. Seeing Boun was something that Prem did not think it had happened.

"Boun?", Prem said crying. He could not believe his eyes. Seeing Prem cry, triggered Boun to cry too. He could see the pain in Prem's eyes. Even though his voice sounded dead, his eyes displayed pain. Boun asked Prem where he had been in the past 5 months and what Prem said, broke Boun's heart.

"I was ready to come back to campus after my recovery, then my mother got sick. I was alone, scared, actually I was terrified. She was the only family I had left"

"Was?"

"For the past 3 months, my mother has been in and out of the hospital, until two days ago when I got a call from the hospital telling to me to come immediately. When I got there, they told me that "There was nothing that could be done" and that "they are sorry for my loss". A part of me died that day". Now, I am making funeral arrangement alone, the rest of the family is nowhere to be found."

Boun's tears were flowing. He then told Prem that he was not alone, and he will never be alone for as long as he is still breathing. Boun then made a call to the university and explained why Prem was not at school for the past 5 months and that he will need an extra month off. In his explanation, he stated that Prem was alone, and that he will be with him for a month meaning that he will also not be in school for a month.

Prem's mother did not want a big funeral, she just wanted to be cremated. Prem honoured his mother's death wish, and Boun was with him every step of the way. After the funeral happened, and the cleansing ceremony was over, Prem was prepared to go back to school. He was worried about his mother's house because they were the only two living there, meaning that the house will be empty when he goes back to school. He told Boun about his worries, Boun told him that the house does not have to be empty.

"What do you mean? I am not going to sell my mother's house"

"You do not have to sell it either. Let us occupy the space. We can travel to school every day, I do not mind driving to school every day. That was the house will not be empty, and you will still go to school."

Prem was amazed by Boun's suggestion. Having someone with him was all he needed now that his mother is gone, and that person being Boun...that was just amazing to him. The boys then went over to the university to fetch their belongings, before going back to school. Boun also fetched some of his things from his house.

That was the beginning of the Brotherly Love.