Chapter 9

"HE KISSED ME", Prem shouted back. "I pushed him away and came back home because I realised that he is not the one I wanted to kiss. I wanted to kiss...You."

...

"This better not be a dream", Boun thought to himself.

"You wanted to...kiss...me?", Boun asked.

"That is what I have been trying to tell you ever since I came back...that is why I was acting weird."

Boun could not believe what he had just heard. He thought that maybe he is just hearing things because he was drunk, so he asked to go to sleep and speak to Prem properly when he is sober. He did not do much sleeping, instead he was busy trying to process what Prem had said to him. In the morning when he woke up, he found Prem preparing breakfast for them.

"Good morning Boun. Let's have breakfast, then get ready for school."

"School?"

Prem then told Boun that there was an email sent from varsity, regarding an emergency. The boys ate breakfast, then got ready to leave for the meeting at varsity.

...At Varsity...

"Good morning students. This meeting is not about anything serious, it is just normal announcements that I have just forgotten to say in the last meeting. There will be tournaments and races coming up soon, and as the seniors know, our varsity is all about doing our best during these tournaments. Training will start next week when we come back to school."

Some students were happy about this, some were just not feeling this whole tournament thing and Boun was one of them. He might have been the biggest sporty in high school, but now he has shifted his focus to academics. After the sports announcement, the academics team also made an announcement about regarding the upcoming competitions.

"Now that is more like it!", said Boun. 

Prem had nothing to say about these competitions as he did not like competing. After the meeting, everyone went to sign up for their chosen competitions within each department, whether sports or academic. 

"I will wait for you in the car," said Prem to Boun (who was very excited about the academics competitions).

When they got home, Boun and Prem binge watched some series' and fell asleep on the couch. Boun woke up about two hours later and noticed that it had passed lunch time and they have not eaten. He then ordered some food and woke Prem up. During the meal, Boun started the topic from the day before.

"So, about yesterday's topic...were you sure?"

Prem just looked at him with the look that said "You've got to be kidding me."

"Boun, why would I say something that I am not sure of."

"Well, I do not know. I just want to be sure that you are sure of what you said and if not..."

Prem was getting annoyed, so he stood up from his chair and interrupted Boun by kissing him. 

"Do you still think I am not sure?", Prem asked sitting down.

"Uhm, so because you are sure, what does this mean? Is it a once off thing? Do you want it to be something bigger that? What does it mean?"

Prem just continued eating his food without answering Boun. He enjoyed seeing Boun stressed trying to figure out what the kiss meant and what will happening from then. After the meal, they continued with their series'. Boun was very much still on the kiss and trying to figure out what it means and Prem could see that Boun's mind was not on what they were watching so he decided to take him out of his misery and let him in on his thoughts.

"Look, that kiss does not have to be anything more than just a kiss if you don't want it to be. It can also be a start of something bigger and greater if you want it to be. The ball is in your court."

Prem went to bed early to give Boun some alone time to think about what he had just said to him. He told himself that "whatever Boun decides, I will respect it". Prem was okay with anything because to him, having Boun around him was the only thing he wanted. Whether as a brother, a friend or a lover it really does not matter. As long as Boun is in his life.

Boun also went to bed straight after Prem left, and he was happy that he is being given the power to be the one to make thee decision because it meant that he could get what he has wanted for so long but on the other hand he was just thinking, "What if Prem does not want it to be like that?" Boun finally made his decision and it was time he let Prem know. 

He went to Prem's room, slid in his bed and cuddled him. When Prem felt Boun's presence in his bed he already knew what Boun has decided to do. He turned to face Boun and looked him straight in the eye and asked: "Is this your final decision?". Boun just gave Prem a smirk, and went in for a kiss. That kiss answered Prem and made him happy because that answer was what he was hoping for. Boun spent the night in Prem's bed and they cuddled all night and that was the start of their love story.