Introduction

Hello everyone! I am The Luminous Avenger and I love writing Marvel fan fiction. I've been obsessed with superheroes since I was a little boy. Growing up gay in a small town in an abusive household meant I was always in need of some sort of escape. The X-Men cartoon was that initial escape for me. I used to make believe that I was a mutant and that the X-Men were going to come and free me from my life and take me to their school where I would be loved and accepted for who I was. As I've grown older, these wishes haven't really disappeared and I find myself leaning on fantasy and fiction every day as a way to cope with the daily wear and tear of living. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my life for the most part. But depression and anxiety can be fickle about when they'll appear and wreck things, hence the escapism.

One reason I'm writing this series is because I've noticed that these types of stories tend to encourage a lot of interaction within the fandom. My biggest hope in being on Wattpad and sharing my work is that I'll find a community that I can be part of. I am intensely lonely and just really long for that. I guess we all feel that way on some level. Furthermore, I've always felt, as a gay male, like I didn't have much that I could relate to on that level. I didn't know of any gay superheroes when I was growing up and always had this vision of making my own. For those who are interested in knowing my original gay Avenger, feel free to read my other works.

Anyway, I would love to make this an ongoing series. I will be writing my own ideas but also hope that readers will send me requests. Just let me know which male Marvel character you would like me to write and what sort of scenario you'd like to see. I will write just about anything within reason. I'm not a prude at all, as you may notice when reading some of my other works, so NSFW material doesn't bother me.

If you've gotten this far, thank you and I look forward to getting creative and interacting with ya'll,

Luminous Avenger