25. In the Waiting Room

The doctors didn't want to let anyone visit Sarah because of the state she was in and because they needed to have space to move once there would be an update on Sarah's health but because Camille was a vampire, she compelled the doctor to let her in just like everyone.

After Cami come back from visiting Sarah, Stefan went to Sarah's room and seeing her with all those machines, made him hurt. Not being able to do a thing to help her, hurt him. He knew he could give her his blood but he didn't want to take away from her the choice of turning. He did that once with Damon and he learned from his mistake.

"Sarah, it's me Stefan

"Sarah, it's me Stefan. I don't know if you can hear me or not but if you can... I need you to know that we need you to wake up. We need you in our lives. Cami needs you... I need you. It might be hard but we need you to fight and wake up. Please, don't give up. Please, keep fighting." Stefan said and hold her hand. "I'm sorry we couldn't get to you sooner. We did everything we could. I'm sorry." He then gave a peck on her forehead. "We will make it up to you once you wake up. I know you are very strong. You will wake up..."

As Stefan got back to the waiting room, he noticed Camille seating down next to Damon, having his arm around her as he tried to comfort her and Bonnie was with her head resting on Kol's shoulder.

"I'm sorry, guys. But I think it's best that I take Bonnie to her place. She's tired and needs to rest after everything." Kol said.

"Of course. Make sure she gets the rest she needs." Camille said.

"Hey, Cami... Jamie probably needs some food."

"Oh my God! I totally forgot. How was Jamie? Did anyone took care of him?"

"I took him to my place until we got you back."

"Can you stay with him for a little longer? Just until Sarah..."

"Of course." Caroline cut her off, not wanting to see her friend stress out even more.

"Thank you." Cami said with a weak smile.

"Brandon, it was very cool of you and your brother to come and help us out when you didn't even know who Cami and Sarah were but it's alright if you wanna go

"Brandon, it was very cool of you and your brother to come and help us out when you didn't even know who Cami and Sarah were but it's alright if you wanna go." Joshua said.

"I don't wanna go just like that. Having your friend in the hospital and your other friend so weak must be awful. Are you sure there isn't a thing I can do." Brandon said.

"You already did plenty. Thank you." Joshua said and Brandon hugged him, which caught Josh off guard.

"If you need to talk or anything, you have my number." Brandon said because after them reuniting again in order to find Sarah and Camille, Brandon and Caleb had given everyone their phone number in case something would happen.

After Brandon and Caleb left, Davina gave a look to Joshua.

"So... what was that about?" Davina smirked.

"It's nothing like that. He is just being a nice guy." Joshua said and Davina gave him a look. "I don't even know what his interests are... Maybe he just drinks red wine and I'm making a big deal out of nothing."

"Maybe... but maybe he might try white wine and like it too." Davina said and Joshua gave her a look. "I just want to see you happy, okay."

Enzo went to see Rebekah because he was wondering how she was doing.

"So... do you need me to bring you anything? I don't know... maybe a blood bag." Enzo said.

"She is literally in an hospital filled with blood bags." Klaus said.

"Klaus, Stop it! He is just trying to be nice." Caroline said, defending her best friend, which only left Klaus more upset for seeing her close Enzo and Caroline were.

"Don't listen to my brother. He doesn't know what's like having someone being nice." Rebekah said. "I don't need anything. Thank you. But you should go home and try to get some rest. You've been incredible."

"Alright but if you need anything just text me. Even if it's just as small as you wanting an ice cream." Enzo said.

***

Caroline got in her place, quickly noticing Kol in the kitchen making tea.

"Kol... How is she doing?" Caroline asked.

"She is weak. But probably she'll be back to normal by tomorrow." Kol said.

"It's really sweet how you are to her."

"What are you saying? I'm not sweet. I'm cool. I'm dangerous. I'm mysterious..." Kol said, making Caroline laugh.

"Kol, come on! We can all see the chemistry there is between you and Bonnie."

"Pfff! That's nothing. I have chemistry with everyone." Kol said.

"Kol, you are making tea for her. It's obvious you like her." Caroline said. "What's stopping you from just tell her how you feel?"

"What's stopping you from telling Nik how you feel?" Kol asked

"Fair enough." Caroline said. "Thank you... for all that you are doing for Bonnie. She deserves to have a nice guy supporting her and taking care of her. She's an independent woman but every once in awhile she needs someone there for her."