~15~

I watched Mark walk through the door with a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips

I watched Mark walk through the door with a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips. His black hair was tousled and his dark, blue-grey eyes held a lightness to them. One I hadn't seen in a long while.

"How was the meeting with your friends?" I asked him. I had done a lot of wrong things to him lately, and I decided it was best to creep on the thin ice between us.

He nodded. "It was nice." His voice held a daze that I had first heard when he told me he liked Brittany.

"Who is it?"

He stared at me in slight confusion, doing his best to keep a blank expression. "What do you mean?"

"Who's the guy that's caught your heart?" I teased.

He pursed his lips. "None of your business," he coldly replied and walked to his room.

I sighed as my shoulders drooped in defeat. I picked my phone up from the kitchen counter in front of me and texted Ava.

Lila: he wont talk to me

Lila: what to do???

Ava; does he like smne?

Lila: yeah

Ava: try to match him up

Lila: r u sure thats a gd idea?

Ava; yes

Ava: u want him to be happy, right?

Lila: yeah

Ava: trust me, its a good idea

Lila: i dont knw who he is tho

Ava: join whatever friends he has and find out

I stared at Ava's message. She told me to match up Mark with whoever he liked. I contemplated the idea in my mind. It seemed like a sound idea, but I knew better. I had already tried to match up Mark with someone and it ended poorly. If I tried this again, I could lose my brother completely. I had betrayed his trust by letting his secret out to the school.

When he came home today after his meet-up with those strange people, he was smiling. Something he hadn't done in a while. For once, I realized that I needed to take a step back and not interfere.

I walked to Mark's room and knocked on the door. "What do you want?" He called out.

"I want to apologize."

I saw the door knob slowly turn as Mark opened the door. He eyed me with uncertainty. "You truly want to apologize?"

I nodded as he crossed his arms. I took a deep breath and began. "I'm sorry for betraying your trust and telling the entire school. I know that I shouldn't have done that, and the worst part was when I apologized only so you protect my school reputation. I've been an awful older sister and an awful sibling in general. Can you please forgive me and give me a second chance?"