Who's the better kisser

Chapter 15| Who's the better kisser?

So it goes.

"I..I like you"

Crap! I said it.
He gulped hard, noticeably taming his excited heart fused in rashing shyness. He was embarrassed just like when he was choking to the damn roasted shrimp he ate last summer in front of both the Lee family and his mom. The upsetting feeling in his stomach grew into a nervous pain and Jaemin shot up many glances at his Jeno hyung.

The older boy was catching hints at this point. He absolutely knew not what was yet to happen but at the same time, he felt everything was easy to guess. The pretty boy in front of his was easy to read. He always had been! But this was something important. Jaemin just confessed him! And it was indeed a big deal for Jeno too.

"So..what about you?"

There the boy asked.

The question wasn't easy for the one to ask nor the one to answer. Both of them acknowledged that. As much as Jaemin was certain about his feelings, he was absoultely unsure about Jeno. Yes, he was kissed willingly by the older boy. Mind you, it wasn't just a peck but a whole damn make out that subtly did make both of their blood rashed south. But Jaemin also understood the kiss could be led by many factors with a thin chance of "romatic love" being one.

Jeno looked up blankly. His face being so hard to read compared to Jaemin's face that almost literally had a sign on his forhead saying "hyung, please give me a chance. One chance please..please" and reminded Jeno of Jerry from Tom&Jerry when he begged Tom to let go when his tail was caught on the trap.

Jeno shook his nonsense thoughts away and cleared his mind to come up with a response to the boy waiting nervously in front of him. But he couldn't stop the thought that Jaemin really looked extra small and fragile while waiting him answer.

"Look, Jaemin. I realize that I have crossed the line when I ..uh..kissed you.."

The boy's eyes glazed up, being attentive to what Jeno had to say. That encouraged Jeno to articulate his state of thoughts.

"I am not going to lie. I enjoyed it. Um..actually, if you did not stop me, I would have done m— uh.. nevermind, forget about that! I am just rambling stuff"

Jeno suddenly became defensive which made Jaemin confused like a lost bunny. He sniffed and blinked once, twice and thrice.

"Hyung.. are you gonna reject me?"

Using his glossy eyes as a weapon, Jaemin sadly mumbled.

"Yeah—"

"You can reject me....for now"
He boldy interrupted, not even giving a chance for Jeno to start his sentence. The first word was enough for Jaemin to make conclusions.

"All you have to do, hyung, all you have to do is see me differently. I hate being your little brother. I hate that everyone in the school thinks I am your little brother. I am not even one!"

Jaemin moved himself on the sofa Jeno was sitting. Jeno, himself did not even know when he took a seat there.

"I don't give you kisses because I adore you platonically. They were my small admiration for you because I like you."

His long lashes fluttered beautifully and Jeno noticed he took a quiet inhale, as if he was absorbing the beauty up close.

"B-but hyung, I want to be your.." his throat suddenly got dry in the middle of confession. It was all because his Jeno hyung was staring at his lips..while biting his lower lip.

"Your...boyfriend"

Jaemin cringed internally.
For some reason, he felt like he was Park Shin-Hye when confessing to  some cold, aggressive and rich male lead in a k-drama. Not like he was in the position to make comparision with The Park Shin-Hye when the queen of k-dramas had a better love life than him. All those ridiculous thoughts finally made the younger boy shut up and Jeno took it as a chance to allow himself to talk.

" Jaemin. I don't see you as a brother. It will be so wrong of me to even think so now that I have..well.. allowed myself to lose control. I want to apologize you if I've misled you with my actions. But, I do not like you in that way."

Jeno felt bad seeing the boy's sad pouty face who resembled Mavis from Hotel Transylvania when her dad, Dracula, said she couldn't go to Hawewe (Hawai) on her 118th birthday. Even so, he couldn't do much. He did kiss him, dreamt about him, gosh even had wet dreams about him, but would it paint him as a terrible person if he admitted he always have those kind of thoughts and dreams about pretty much the majority of small and petite boys in his school? And yes, Renjun included.

To add, Jeno was always sure that he was just being one of the "boys being boys" and not seriously lusting for them to happen in real life. Therefore, he was convinced that him thinking about those things did not equal to liking Jaemin in that sort of way. However, he would admit that he now finally realized Jaemin, the Jaeminnie he's always known, had kissable thighs.

"If that's the case..," the boy still had the frown on his gorgeous face as he started, " I will challenge you, hyung"

The sudden burst of confidence in the younger boy triggered and confused him. He was triggered because his competitive ass was challenged. He was confused because the earlier sad Jaemin was now smirking like how the Boss Baby would.

A bigger smirk grew while the lips parted to say,

"Do you want to compete who the better kisser is?"