Nana's Puppy Crush

Chapter 5| Nana's Puppy Crush

Summer rain has come.
The rain poured down on the young night but it wasn't heavy. The water lightly bounced up the roads of the Lee neighbourhood and the night lights glowed properly on the streets for the darkness.

Jaemin hummed and swayed his hip from side to side, singing along with the song. His hands were busy cutting cucumbers but he didn't fail to pay extra attention on getting the beats right to dance on.

He was in the brightest mood tonight after getting informed that the Lee's would show up in a couple of minutes for dinner.

"Nana, be careful with the knife"

His mother turned the volume down just for a bit and warned her son. Jaemin gave her a rest assuring smile and not wanting her to worry, he made sure to be careful with it.

Soon enough, the bell of the door went off and Jaemin squealed in pure excitement. He dropped everything down and rushed.

"I'll get the door! I'll get the door!" He almost ran but was scolded for being so out of control.

Shaking her head, Jaemin's mom finished off cutting the cucumbers and placed them on the plate.

Warm and delcious dishes were awaiting for the two families to cozily enjoy the dinner under the warmth of sincerity.

"Good evening Mommy Lee. And Uncle!! Hyung!!"

The adults laughed at the young boy's happiness in greeting to them. He hugged everyone and remained to snuggle up on Jeno's chest while the older indifferently walked in after closing the door. It wasn't very unusal for Jaemin to hug him like this. Afterall, his hands naturally found their place on Jaemin's back to hold him in case he fell down while they walked up in that hugging position.

Jeno was familiar enough with this and he didn't even want to scold the little one anymore.

"Nana, let go off Jeno. He might want to be comfortable"

As soon as Jaemin's mom see her son attaching to Jeno like a koala, she quickly instructed but was stopped by Mrs. Lee saying "let him be. He has a lot of loves to share" with a chuckle. Only then, the adults settled down on the seats and Jaemin let go of his hyung.

Even so, he sat down beside Jeno, on the opposite side of the Lee's and Jaemin's mom in the frontmost.

"I made your favorites. Oh and this is for Jeno. Nana made it himself"

She passed down the appetizing bowls of curries into everyone's plate and pointed out the one Jaemin specially made for Jeno.

"Hyung, I didn't make it too spicy. Here"

He seperated the meat into small chunks so Jeno could easily eat them. The older did not complain as he ate a mouthful to which Jaemin smiled. He loved the sight of Jeno eating. Especially when the food was made by him.

"Is it good?"

"Very"

Jeno said without missing the beat to point his spoon with chopsitcks to signal Jaemin to put the meat on top of the rice for him.

Knowing the familiar habits of the two, the adults didn't give any attention as they discussed about their own topics, leaving Jeno and Jaemin in their little own world.

Jaemin rarely took his time to eat since all he cared was how Jeno was eating. When he said Jeno was a baby, he meant by this. The older one had a habit of puffing a large amount of rice into his mouth as if he was a squirrel enjoying his acorn. The eyes never left the rice bowl while his hands were fast enough to dig in and reach out to different curries. To sum up, Jeno looked super adorable in his eyes.

"Why are you not eating?"

He suddenly turned to him and look at his bowl, seeing no trace of Jaemin eating much yet.

"I want more rice"

"Okay.. here's the fee"

He jokingly sticked out his face close to Jeno and pointed to his forehead as a sign of asking for a kiss.

In front of the god damn whole family?

The adults weren't even paying attention to them. Jeno eyes fixed on the pretty forehead that was barely covered in Jaemin's soft and wavy hair that were falling neatly on it.

After glancing back to the adults once, he inched closer and saw the younger gulped. The distance between them wasn't too far anymore and they were about to touch.

Jeno hyung is about to kiss me?

His breath unknowingly paced up and the gap was shortening. Jeno raised his chin a bit high to target for the forehead.

It was about to touch. So close...

"How about, no?"

And that was when Jaemin sighed quietly and heaved down, knowing that the older's body was back on his own place. The next thing he knew was his rice getting stolen by Jeno and a very satisfied teasing smile was planted on Jeno's face.

"Thanks" Jeno placed back his empty bowl in front of Jaemin and started to dig in his food again.

Literally...I asked for it and although he didn't even do it, I was about to die with that closeness.

Jaemin thought to himself and cooled down with a glass of water.

"Nana..are you okay?"

With his mom's voice, Jeno's mom and dad also turned to look at him.

"Oh..I am fine. I just...was thinking..something"

He awkwardly smiled but the adults seemed to buy his excuse.

"What is my baby Nana thinking about? Your crush?"

Jeno's mom suddenly asked with a smile on her face as she placed her elbow on the table and pinned her face on the palm.

Jaemin's first glance was at Jeno who was looking back at him and that was when he panic, feeling like he was cornered although it was a guess.

"N-no..I.."

The way his cheeks tinted up and the stutters kind of gave it away to the adults, including Jeno who was looking at him surprised.

"Wait.. you have a crush?"

He entered the conversation.

"Hyung..i-it's not like that"

He wasn't even lying when he said he wanted to cry there due to embarrassment.

What he didn't expect though was a pat on his head from the big plam and a bright smile from his Jeno hyung.

"You've quite grown up Jaeminnie. Even having a crush now. So you're not a baby anymore?"

He teased and giggled, seemingly running a couple of familiar faces in his head to find out who Jaemin's crush was.

"Jeno, it's your job now to make sure my Baby Nana find a right person"

"Mom! Why is it my job?"

"Because you are his hyung! Of course you need to make sure they have a good intention"

He really wanted to cry now. His puppy crush on his Jeno hyung may look like a platonic affection to their families but they didn't even understand how he wanted to change those thoughts. But was it still a puppy crush when you liked them for almost eight years?

Unknowingly, he may have pouted to which everyone found him cute and yet, an extra hair rubbing from his favorite Jeno hyung.

________

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like yelling them to kiss already?