Only a Fool (Conner Kent x Marinette)

You know what, I'm pausing the other short story because I just thought of this songfic and it's only gonna be one chapter so if you don't wanna read this than don't but idc it is what it is. K well onto the song fic. Btw the song is at the top. 

Third Person POV:

There had been a lot of rumors at Francois Dupont College about where Marinette Dupain-Cheng had meant when she said she was moving back to her home. They all originally thought she just meant that she was dropping out of school....oh how wrong they were. Most of them had then thought that she had moved to Italy or China, and everyone else agreed. However, all of them were wrong. Marinette had moved to Gotham City, where her biological dad, Bruce Wayne, lived. 

One day when it was about a month from the end of senior year for Marinette's grade, there was a new student coming in. Nobody knew much about them and nobody knew who it was, however, there were lots of rumors and theories that it was Marinette coming back. Nope, they were wrong again. The new student was a girl named Nettie, she had wavy mid-chest length brownish-blonde hair, aqua blue eyes, porcelain doll skin, she was about 5'4 and she was wearing a long sleeved teal crop top with a pullover white turtleneck sweater, black leggings and white adidas superstars. She had her long hair tied in a high ponytail with a velvet burgundy scrunchy. Once she arrived, Alya came and gave her a tour of the school and took her to the principle's office to get her schedule.

"-at's the Gym. And this is the Principal's office, I'll let you get your schedule yourself. Hope we're in the same class but I gotta get going, Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee."

Nettie knocked on the door and heard a quiet "Come in."

"Hi, I'm here to get my schedule. I'm the new student, Nettie."

"Ah yes, here you go, You'll be in Mrs.Bustier's class with Ms.Cesair, the girl who gave you the tour."

"Perfect, thank you!"

'Great! I don't have to figure out a way to get to Ms.Bustier's class without being suspicious now.' She thought to herself. She left the office and went to Ms.Bustier's classroom and walked in.

"Well class, today we have a new student as you all know, and she'll be in our class for the rest of the school year. If you would please introduce yourself."

"Hi, I'm Nettie, I moved here from America and if you all wouldn't mind I'd like to make you react to something, yeah y'all thought I was gonna be normal? Fuck no." She then clicked her pen and teleported them to a theater, it pretty much looked like a normal movie theater but with a smaller screen and less seats. Everyone sat down next to who they preferred to sit next to and got comfortable. Btw y'all Nettie isn't an OC of mine, my real name is Nettie and what I described is my best description of what I look like. And when I say porcelain doll skin I mean I literally look like a ghost.

Once they all were settled down and comfortable Nettie pressed play on the video. It was a video of Marinette as a five year old running around with a 19 year old boy and a 15 year old boy and clearly having a lot of fun, Alya immediately recognized them as Jason Todd and Dick Grayson and then noticed Bruce Wayne in the background. 

"Um, Nettie, why are the Waynes with Mari?"

"Well Alya, Marinette's biological father is Bruce Wayne, she originally lived with him and his only sons at the time all the way in Gotham. She lived with them until she was 6 years old and Bruce was starting to get scared for her safety because of Gotham being such a dangerous place and sent her hear to live with her mother, Sabine."

"oh okay."

Nettie unpaused the video. It showed a few more memories until it skipped all the way to Marinette being 15 and hanging out with Conner Kent. They saw many memories similar to it but different each time.

"Are they dating?" Alya asked.

"You'll see, just wait." Nettie said with a smirk.

After a few more of the memories they got to a video, Nettie pressed play on the video and they began watching it. Marinette and Conner were singing Summer Feelings together until the song finally ended, Marinette was about to leave when Conner grabbed her hand and started singing to her.

There's some things about you I know I don't like
But I can't stand not having you right by my side
I would trade eternity for just tonight
You might be crazy but at least I know you're mine

Just say that you feel the same
I'll show you what I really mean, yeah
'Cause even when you're afraid
I could be your remedy

Conner grabbed her other hand and interlinked them, holding her close. 

Only a fool would turn down your kiss
'Cause girl, you got magic all in your lips
I'm so for real, this is not foreplay
Girl, just one touch and I'm not the same

He kissed her forehead and held her in his arms pouring out all of his love for her.

Only a fool
Only a fool
Only a fool
Only a fool would let you go
Oh

Just say that you feel the same
I'll show you what I really mean, yeah
'Cause even when you're afraid
I will be your remedy

Jon could then be seen running around and dancing to his brother's singing, making the two older teenagers laugh and Damian in the background facepalm while questioning how he was related to Marinette and why he was friends with Jon.

'Cause only a fool would turn down your kiss
'Cause girl, you got magic all in your lips
I'm so for real, this is not foreplay
Girl, just one touch and I'm not the same

Only a fool
Only a fool
Only a fool
Only a fool would let you go

Only a fool
Only a fool would let you go
Only a fool
Only a fool would let you go
Oh, oh

Only a fool would let you go
Oh, oh
Only a fool would let you go
Oh

He kissed her forehead again and hugged her.

"Marinette, I've loved you for years. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Ofc you fucking dumbass, but- why'd you have to sing the whole damn song to ask me??" Marinette asked while laughing.

"Uh- 'cause I felt like it- and I'm uh- well there's no turning back now so I guess I'll have to deal with this embarrassment now-" Conner stammered.

The video ended and Adrien was almost fuming with jealousy even though it had been years since he had seen Marinette.

"Adrien, stop bein a jealous little shit. Last time I checked you were Adrien Agreste, not Barry Allen." Nettie said.

"Okay, I guess I was too late for my chance with her either way, I missed my chance." Adrien said.

"Well damn, my best friend is dating my idol's son. I feel a little left out since I wasn't informed of this until today but okay." Alya said.

They chatted for about ten more minutes until Nettie teleported them back to their classroom. Once they got back they just went on with their day as usual and felt happy for their friend.

Okay, Okay, I know I haven't updated in like over a month and I feel pretty bad about that but yk what it's okay now, alright. Cuz I've come back and I've now presented you with my very own first songfic. Uh- yeah okay I have nothing else to say so uh- Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Have a good day y'all and Happy St. Patrick's Day!! <3

Pages: No idea I wrote it on wattpad not google docs.

Date posted: 3/17/21

Word Count: 1312