Nerdy Love

pH-1 ft. Baek Yerin - Nerdy Love

IZ*ONE's Sakura

----------

Cars and trees were blanketed in white as snow drifted down from the heavens above. Despite the freezing weather, people were out and about, flooding the city streets and enjoying the gentle snowfall.

In a warm cafe in the center of Seoul, a young man sat with a comic book in his hands. His eyes were fixed to the panels, intricate drawings in black and white keeping him glued to his seat.

Ding

The sudden ring of the doorbell startled him and he placed down the manhwa before standing up and greeting the customers who entered the cafe.

"Welcome," he smiled. "We have a new promo for the cafe..."

It had been a year since Y/N started working at his sister's manhwa cafe. In dire need of a break at the time, he had paused his tertiary education and began to help her out as a good way to pass time. Now it was one year later, and Y/N had no intention of returning to university.

"...enjoy your time here," he bowed.

'Couples sure love coming to manhwa cafes these days,' he mused as he watched the pair find a table. Y/N sat down again in his seat at the counter and continued to read. The endless amount of manhwa was perhaps his largest reason as to why he had chosen to work here.

From the romantic comedy Fruits Hamper to the action-packed Attack On Giants, the cafe was packed to the brim with amazing manhwas. Focusing on his current read-a manhwa titled Group Leveling, Y/N found it hard to put the book down. The wise main character had him interested, and once he started, there was no stopping.

Ring!

The bell rang once again and Y/N's head shot up. His eyes landed on a brunette and her beauty combined with her radiant smile rendered him speechless.

"...welcome," Y/N mumbled.

"H-hi! I was just wondering um... I'm interested in reading manhwa, but I don't know where to start."

Y/N felt his ears grow warm at the girl's awkward but cute shyness. If a science book had a love at first sight section, this would be the first example pictured.

"Oh! Sure! What kind of genres are you interested in?"

The girl hummed in thought. "Maybe something slow and romantic?"

"Okay, well you could start with..."

He began to show her around the cafe, beginning with the shelves in the comic section. His heart pounded with excitement as he pointed out a few of the stories that the girl could get started with.

The look of genuine curiosity whenever he pointed out a different manhwa, and the way she beamed at his explanations only made his heart flutter more.

After browsing the shelves for a while, the girl became interested in the Girls Over Flowers series, and with a smile, she picked up the first chapter and ordered a drink before settling down at a table.

Y/N couldn't help but take short glances at the girl as he made her drink. Her lips pursed with a cute look of concentration, he felt his heart skip a beat whenever the girl tucked her hair behind her ear. Just seeing her so deeply focused on the manhwa he had recommended to her filled him with a warm happiness.

Platter in hand with her drink on top, Y/N straightened his button-up and walked over to her table.

"Here's your drink," he smiled and placed the tall glass cup on a coaster.