Sour Grapes

Le Sserafim - Sour Grapes

Le Sserafim's Chaewon

----------

Kim Chaewon's beauty never fails to take your breath away. So innocent, yet so seductive. Charming and confident, with a trace of shyness. She's always been so close to you, yet so far away.

Everyone knows you're the best of friends. Always comfortable, the two of you discover a sense of home in one another. You wonder if your feelings for her are simply those of a friend, or if there is something more to it.

Chaewon has been clingier than usual lately. There has been a shift in your friendship since the day you two entered college.

On some days, you two would hold hands on campus. When the movie you're watching becomes too boring, one of you would initiate a make out. Sometimes even going beyond that. If you understand what I mean.

You have no idea when it all started. A friendship that defies friendship standards has proven to be puzzling. But, the people around you have said that you two look happier when you're together.

Sakura told you how Chaewon often mentions you when they're together. Garam and Eunchae were angry because you had not yet made Chaewon their sister-in-law. You adore your sisters, although they can be a little demanding about Chaewon.

You own up to your feelings. Even if you have friends like Nakamura Kazuha and Huh Yunjin, your focus is solely on Chaewon. You didn't even notice the first time guys on campus gave you angry stares whenever you went around with them.

Despite doing all of the things normal couples do, you and Chaewon constantly avoid talking about it. You want more, yet the possibility of losing her weighs over you. If there's one thing you don't want to lose, it's Kim Chaewon.

*Beep beep beep*

You hear the passcode being entered before the door to your one room apartment swings open.

"Oppa, I'm here!"

You divert your gaze to the door and see Chaewon in her one-piece mint green tracksuit. Her beauty is extraordinary even when she is dressed ridiculously. You almost uttered the word "cute" in front of her.

"What are you doing here? I have work to do, no time to fool around," you say.

Kim Chaewon is not the most considerate person. In this case, she has chosen to be a brat. She creeps up behind your comfortable gaming chair and drapes her arms around your shoulders.

From the corner of your eye, you can see her face getting closer by the second. Next thing you know, you feel a delicate pair of lips making contact with your cheek.

"Yah Kim Chaewon..."

"What? I just miss you oppa~"

"We just ate dinner together last night," you turn to your side, only to meet with her face being inches away from yours.

This is what has been confusing you. Friends would not simply walk into your apartment and kiss you on the cheek. If she continues this up, you're not sure you'll be able to contain yourself.

"We did but... I didn't get my dessert last night~"

She moves in closer, her lips grazing your earlobe before nipping it. Something suddenly snapped inside of you. All hell breaks loose as you pick her up and carry her to your bed.

__________

You wake up when you feel Chaewon move. Your gaze falls to her as you notice the girl snuggling up to your naked chest. It immediately dawns on you that you two have gone well beyond what a friendship should entail. Well, you've been going down that road for some time now. Your heart yearns for more. Chaewon is more than simply a friend to you.

However, confessing can make everything disappear in the blink of an eye. Not ever again. Not after you got your heart broken in high school.

"I'm so lucky... Guys are flirting with you all around campus but you're stuck here with me..."

Stroke her hair, kiss the top of her head. She's already a pleasant person to be with. You don't understand why she chooses to be with you given she can be with anyone. Especially with her beauty.

"Then I'll stick with you forever, oppa..." You hear her mumble against your chest.

Chaewon raises his head to look at you. Your heart is pounding. Did she hear what you said? Will she hate you now? But wait, why did she answer in that way?

"What do you mean?"

"Oppa, I wouldn't sleep with someone I don't like, and as far as I can remember. You're the one who claimed my first time!"

"So... you like me?"

"I couldn't be more obvious," she moves up, pecking you on the lips. "I like you. A lot."

"O-oh... OHHH!! I L-LIKE YOU TOO!"

She begins to laugh. You have to love how her nose scrunches up when she does it.

"I want to take my time... I'm not sure about my feelings in the first place, and I'm sure you feel the same too," Chaewon says. "I don't want to bite into sour grapes. I don't want to rush it and I want to wait until I feel it's right."

It all makes sense as you listen to her words. She was afraid, just like you. Unsure of all the unexpected emotions you two were experiencing.

"Then I'm glad you took your time. I'm sorry for not confessing first. Kim Chaewon, I like you too..."

Her delicate hands cup your face. Chaewon leans in slowly. You two enjoy the scorching kiss as lovers rather than friends. She could simply confess to you in the first place, and you would confess back without hesitation, despite the fact that both of you were fearful.

"That feels better than our previous kisses..."

"Of course oppa, now it's filled with our love~"

"Goodness Chaewon, that was too cheesy. I'm taking a shower after that," you flip her to the side, pecking her lips before running to the bathroom.

"Yah oppa! Come back!" Chaewon runs after you.

The two of you end up having another round in the shower before ordering fried chicken as dinner.

What started off as friends, slowly blooms into something more. You're glad neither of you rushed into anything. With a little patience, you two became a couple.

Eunchae and Garam will love to hear about this later. The confession part of course, not the other part of your day.

____________________

Happy that I can finally see Chaewon and Sakura again. Hybe water hits different though because they're much more gorgeous. Congratulations on Le Sserafim's debut .

 Congratulations on Le Sserafim's debut