Like Me

pH-1 - Like Me

IZ*ONE's Hyewon

----------

Another slow day at the cafe where you work at. You were hanging out behind the counter, scrolling away on your phone reading news about what's going on in the world.

"It's almost three~" Your friend and co-worker Sakura, teased you. "Shut up Saku-chan." You scoffed before focusing back on your phone.

"What's up?" Your other friend slash co-worker Seungkwan, chimed in. "It's almost three o'clock. It's time for his admire to come in~." Sakura and Seungkwan poke fun at the experienced employee.

You put down your phone and gave the two a glare. "Stop saying that. I don't like it when you guys tease the girl." You lean back, pressing your elbows against the counter.

Too bad for you, your seriousness is a joke to your two friends. "We don't tease the girl Y/N-ya. We only tease you!" The two burst out laughing again.

After giving you what seemed like a hard time, they went back to their original work stations. Just like how Sakura said, a girl with blonde hair walked in the cafe when the clock's long arm points at the number twelve and the other points at three.

There she is again, the girl who seems to always bother you on weekdays at the cafe. She walks up to the counter. She lets out her soft smile when her eyes meets little old you.

"Welcome miss, what can I get you today?" You put on your normal facade when dealing with her.

"One ice coffee and a slice of strawberry cake. Like usual oppa."

'One ice coffee and a slice of strawberry cake.' You repeat what she usually orders in your head. The girl has been a regular customer for about two and a half weeks now.

It's not always strawberry cake, someday it'll be a chocolate or red velvet cake. Sometimes it's just plain chocolate chip cookies.

Her beauty does help you to remember her despite having quite the number of customers on some days and rush hours.

You give her the receipt and she goes to her usual table near the cafe's bookshelf. Unlike your behavior earlier, you actually have an interest in her too.

You had seen hundreds of good looking customers enter the cafe but the first time she came into the cafe, you were blown away by her beauty.

Being the type of guy you are, you never express any kind of gestures that you like her. Being constantly teased by Sakura and Seungkwan is also one of the reasons you decided to just stay quiet.

A few minutes later...

"Here you go, one ice coffee and a slice of strawberry cake." You placed her order on the table. Her eyes lit up when she sees the cake, you admit she was really cute. You're about to go back behind the counter but her soft voice made you stop.

"Oppa..." You turn around and saw her redden face. "There's no other customers right now... Can you accompany me?" Your eyes widened at her boldness.

"Um... Sure..." You look back at the counter only to see a grinning Sakura. 'That girl aishh...' You avert your gaze back to the girl, she took a bite of the strawberry cake and her arms flap around like a bird.

'It hurts me when I see you smile. Please don't do that.'

"You like the cake that much?" You chuckled seeing her kid-like action. "Ng! It's delicious!" Okay you were wrong, she's extremely cute.