The Convenience Store

First story that's not based off a song

StayC's Sumin

----------

Another cold rainy night in the city of Seongnam. The sound of rain hitting the store's windows made Y/N miss the warm comforting feeling of his bed at home.

Fortunately, the convenience store was good enough, and the warm cup of ramyeon in his hands helped to ease the situation.

The clock strikes twelve thirty. Not a single person was seen walking down the streets, especially now that word of increased crime in the area had spread.

Someone had been mugging people in the area, holding a knife to their throats and stealing their belongings. Some people even got injured while attempting to fight back against the criminal.

CCTV in the area only captured a sliver of what they assumed was the suspect. Police had already increased patrols, but the criminal remained at large as of today.

Lee Y/N began to slurp his noodles while keeping his gaze fixed out the store's large glass window, checking to see if there is anything suspicious or if there is anyone of interest.

His eyes were as sharp as an eagle looking for prey. He kept his focus on the task at hand until he was startled by someone placing a dosirak on the table.

"Aish... yah don't do that," Y/N looked to his right.

"Again with ramyeon! Stop eating that and have a proper meal for once!"

The girl took Y/N's cup ramyeon and exchanged it for the dosirak she had just placed on the table.

"You're going to get sick if you don't eat proper meals."

All of the nights he spent at the convenience store were dreadful, until Sumin made it better. She was the cashier who worked the night shift regularly with her friend Sieun.

After a month of him simply spending his time in the store, their relationship had changed to something beyond that of a cashier and a customer.

Something along the lines of a friend and someone who they were interested in.

"I'm an adult, Sumin. I know how to take care of myself," Y/N quipped.

"Except you don't, oppa. You keep eating ramyeon and other junk food. I never saw you eat real food," she fired back.

Y/N felt as if he had lost this one. Work had piled up, and he began to skip meals and take less care of his body. He opened the dosirak and ripped the chopsticks apart before diving into the warm meal.

As she watched him eat the food, Sumin's lips curved into a smile. She pulled the stool next to him and sat down, putting her arms on the table before resting her head on them.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because you're handsome, oppa"

When Y/N heard what Sumin said, he almost choked. He grabbed the water bottle and gulped it down quickly.

His heart felt a quick zap, triggering his flustered feeling from the compliment.

"Tch, nonsense," Y/N tried to play it cool.

"Why are you here every night? Are you perhaps... interested in me? Or Sieun!?" She gasped.

"Nope," Y/N quickly denied. "My place is close and I just... enjoy it here."

"Fine, I won't pry into your life anymore. Hmph."

When Y/N saw Sumin's pout, he swore his mind went blank. Could she possibly get any cuter?