Rose

D.O - Rose

Weeekly's Soojin

----------

The sky is blue and the sun shines its light warmly on the earth's surface. You ride your bike down the long stretch of road to your campus, listening to music through your headphones.

This is your favourite time of the day. Simply riding and losing yourself in the music you're currently listening to. Every problem seems to fade away at this time, and you genuinely love it.

The weather has also been wonderful. Winter's chill is already dissipating as trees and flowers regrow, announcing the arrival of spring.

A car cuts you off from behind as you go down the road. You cast a quick glance at the driver. There she is, your college crush Lee Soojin.

She's the perfect girl. Smart, lovely, and generous. Lee Soojin possesses everything. That's why she's also everyone else's campus crush. Both guys and girls.

Is she out of your league? - Maybe. But your mom didn't raise a coward. You quicken your peddling and follow her car as both of you arrive at the campus.

"Lee Soojin! Puppy!" You yell.

You already know you're annoying enough to get her attention. The window rolls down, revealing the girl with her shining brunette locks. You almost fell off your bike, stunned by her visual. Looking beautiful as ever.

"Kim Y/N! Stop calling me puppy!"

You giggle. Half of your heart is already melting at her cuteness. You ride up to her window, your bike being side by side with her car.

You thanked the morning rush hour. Every car coming into the campus comes to a halt. Perfect. This is the chance you need to flirt with her.

You reach into your backpack and pull out a rose while she is distracted by the traffic. The only flower you know is rose and you've been giving her that from time to time. But, Soojin is prettier than a rose. It's just hard for you to express your feelings.

"This is for you my lovely lady~" You hand her the flower.

Soojin's lips curve into a subtle smile before she takes it from you. If your heart was not completely melted already then her smile certainly did the trick.

"When will we go to campus together? It's tiring to cycle everyday to campus you know?"

"We'll go together when you stop being annoying!" Soojin put the rose on the passenger seat beside her.

"Aww~ I know you love me too~" You wink at her. "See you later, cutie~"

You wave her goodbye before cycling ahead, leaving her in the traffic jam. You feel giddy at the interaction, your day is starting better than you expected.

You know your chance with her is as thin as a piece of paper. But as long as you can see her cuteness, that's more than enough.

Fifteen minutes left until the first class of the day. You parked your bike at the stand and double-checked that it's secured before making your way to the faculty building.

"Y/N!"

As you're walking, you hear someone yell out your name. You already know who it is by her voice - it's none other than your friend, Shin Jiyoon.

"Jiyoon-ah, ready for today?"

"Nobody is ready for today. Non-stop classes from morning until evening? Uugh, I hate it."

"Cheer up. We'll go through it like it's nothing~" You wrap your arm around her shoulders.

The two of you lazily walk to your classroom, at least Jiyoon is. You try cheering her up with some corny jokes, thankfully it works since she starts to show her heart smile.