Chapter 1

"Anna get up you lazy bum" Grayson yelled as he slapped a pillow at my face. I groaned as I threw whatever was near me to him. "5 more minutes" I groaned as I turned around away from my brother. "It's senior year, do you want to be late?" He asked chuckling. I huffed as I got out of bed and jokingly pushed him. I dragged myself to the bathroom and took a shower. Once I got out, I put on a t-shirt, put a flannel over the shirt and put on some skinny jeans. I let my hair dry and left it in it's natural wavy state. I grabbed my backpack and slipped on my shoes and went downstairs. I smelled pancakes and walked into the kitchen. "Morning sweetheart" my mum said as I hugged her. "Morning! Did you sleep well?" I asked her as I set my stuff down by the door. "I did sweetheart thanks for asking." I smiled to her as Grayson walked down the stairs. Our mum served us breakfast and after we finished we said bye and went off to school. We lived a good 10 minute walk so we strolled and talked about anything and everything. We walked into the school doors and everyone was running around. The freshmen looking for their classes and everyone else beginning to walk towards their classes. Gray and I had our first class together so we walked to Maths class.
"Guess who?" I heard a voice say as they covered my eyes. I giggled and said "uhh Calum? No fair, how'd you know it was me?" He said pouting. " well considering you talked yeah I notice stuff quickly" I said laughing. His friend Luke looked at him before he glared at me and looked away. I sighed softly and continued to my lesson.

I walked into maths class and Ashton came running to the seat next to me. He sat down and ruffled my hair. I scrunched my nose and he chuckled as the teacher began to teach us pointless stuff we would never use. Class ended after about an hour and I walked quickly to art class. I've always loved art. I walked quickly avoiding getting there late. I walked in and sat in an empty area.

After I sat down Adam sat down next to me. "Hi darling" he said as he smiled and kissed my cheek. I blushed slightly as I said "hello there." He smiled and intertwined our hands. Adam and I have been together since the ending of year 11. Also that's how long Luke hasn't talked to me. We used to be the best of friends and now we're as close as strangers. We sat there for about an hour sketching for an upcoming project. When the class was finished, I walked rather quickly to lunch. I dropped my backpack and started towards where we could get food. I always sat out in the field because well it was always a nice day and also it was so peaceful. I saw Grayson walking so I snuck up behind him and jumped on his back. He's quite tall and I'm small. He's 6'3" and I'm 5'1". He stumbled a bit before he piggy backed me to the cafeteria. "Do you want to have lunch in the field?" I asked him. He nodded as we walked in, took our lunch and began walking out to the field. We sat down by a tree and began eating. I had a salad and an apple.

I was laying down on the grass just enjoying the day when I began to hear footsteps. I propped myself up on my elbows and saw Luke Calum Ashton and Michael. They were all me and Grayson's closest friends. We hung out with them almost all the time. They sat down and we talked for a while. Calum and Michael were sitting next to me. We would be talking about something and I could see out of the corner of my eyes, Luke was staring at me. Don't know why so I chose to ignore it. Grayson was still sitting next to me and I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Someones a little tired." He teased. I nodded lightly and closed my eyes. I opened them and they directly pointed towards Luke. He didn't look away or anything he looked right back at me. Gray was talking to me and I answered back but I stared right at Luke until he rolled his eyes and looked away. I smiled and in that moment the bell rung. I groaned and plopped down on the ground and Gray said "does the princess need to be carried once again?" I giggled and responded "indeed I do" as I jumped on his back. "I'm finally taller than all of you" I said as I let out a laugh. They all laughed except for Luke of course. I rolled my eyes as I got off Grayson's back and walked to my locker. I grabbed my backpack and headed to language.

Once the final bell rang I walked out the school and patiently waited for my brother at the school gate. Once he got out we walked home but then I stopped him and said "can we go to the park? Um why do you wanna go to the park?" He asked confused. "I don't know I just want to go. You can go home if you want. I just want to relax outside."Okay I'll see you later then" he said as he side hugged me and walked to our house. I walked towards the park and once I got there I sat on the bench.

I ended up doing all of my homework at the park. When I finished I began walking home. I heard footsteps but I brushed it off and walked slightly faster. I was basically jogging to get home mostly because it was dark and because of whoever was behind me. I quickly turned the corner only to be grabbed from the back. I screamed but then my mouth was covered I was struggling but the two people who had me held, we're just too strong. I felt a tear stream down as I blinked. "Hey leave her alone!" I heard someone say. I tried to look where the voice was coming from. I turned and it was the last person I expected it to be.

Luke. Of all people, I didn't expect Luke to be the one to actually be here. He walked over and pounced at the person who had my mouth covered. I screeched as the person who was holding me back twisted my arm. When I screeched he punched my jaw. If he wasn't holding me I would've dropped to the ground. Luke turned around and punched the man holding next to his eye and he fell back. I almost fell with him but Luke managed to grab me by my waist and hold me up. I whimpered slightly as I stood up. "Anna are you hurt?" He asked softly. "Just a bit I'll be fine Luke" I responded. The one who was covering my mouth when I let out a scream kicked the side of my knee but I'm quite sure he didn't break my bone. I tried to stand up on my own only to fall limp and almost hit the ground. Luke chuckled and just picked me up. "Um Luke what are you doing?" I asked him confused. "I'm carrying you" he said as if it was the obvious answer. I rolled my eyes and just relaxed slightly. He turned the corner to my house and stopped at the door.

" Well uh thanks for back there" I said quietly. He nodded and waited as he rung the door bell. The door swung open and my brother had a confused expression on his face. I laughed a little before Grayson said "what happened? Well you see, I was walking back from the park and some stuff happened." Grayson looked at me then Luke and asked him "why is Luke holding you? She may have dislocated her knee or sprained it. She couldn't really walk so I carried her back." Luke said.
He walked into the house and put me down on the couch. I mouthed to him "thank you" he nodded while smiling a bit before he said. " I better head back home. Don't want mum getting worried.' Okay we'll see you tomorrow! I waved and he smiled before he left.

I was still confused as to why Luke helped me. I shrugged as I got up and began walking to my room. I got ready to go to bed and laid down on my bed. I felt my eyes get heavy and fell asleep.
-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-

Hello there! So this is a new fanfic hope you enjoy! Please like/comment/share/vote
Happy reading
Want to follow me on Twitter?
@thalia2019