Chapter 6: Surprise Interview

It was so tempting to jump at practice. I just wanted to get better, to get back on my feet. But I still came. I watched other people's routines, gave them advice, and made up my own routines.
Then one day, something was different.
When I got to practice, the doors were closed. The doors are always wide opened when I get to practice, letting the whole world see how proud we were of our sport. I don't know why, but this bothered me immensely that the doors were closed. I went to open the door, but it was locked. Hmm. This was strange. I went around to the back door. It was closed, but unlocked. I walked in the back door.
It was warm inside the building. Unusually warm. I saw bright lights, a black backdrop on the stage, and a bunch of tables with big mirrors and makeup boxes. But no teammates. And no Melissa.
Then I realized what was going on. This was an interview. For our show. Like a preview. But why would Coach Melissa not tell us?
Then I got it. It was a surprise episode. Where they want to see how we would react. And film it. I suddenly got scared. What if they were filming me right now?!?!?!! The were gonna show the whole world the doopy look on my face. A tall thin lady with gorgeous red hair pulled back in a bun and a bright orange dress that matched her hair came up to me. "Would you like to see your reflection?" the lady asked me. She held up a mirror lined with gems. I looked into the mirror and saw the ugliest image of myself I had ever seen. My hair was in a high bun on top of my head and was sticking out everywhere, and my face and shirt were covered in dirt.
Then I noticed the cameras. One cameraman popped out of the bushes, and another one from behind the tree. They were filming me looking like this. I couldn't believe it. I screamed.
"Julie. Julie! Wake up!!! It's ok!" I heard my mother's voice. I screamed again, still have asleep. "It's all just a dream," my mom said. "Wha- Wha wha What happened?" I asked. "You weren't feeling good and fell asleep on the couch. I guess you had a bad dream." "A terrible one," I answered. "A really terrible one."