THREE

𝘼𝙐𝙂𝙐𝙎𝙏 29, 1977

"You look nice."

"Thank you, you don't look to bad yourself." I said looking at Zane who was wearing a nice button up shirt with black pants.

He smiled. "We should be on our way" he said looking at my parents "I promise to bring her back here safely and by ten."

"No worries you two take all the time you need for your date." My mother said very joyful.

"It's not a date. We're just two, uh... friends going out to eat dinner."

My mother's face dropped. "Well soon you won't just be friends, you'll b-".

"Let's go, Zane" I said while grabbing his arm and walking out the door to the front gate. "I'm sorry I just dragged you out of there. I just get agitated sometimes when the wedding is brought up."

"It's fine, Anastasia... it happens to me sometimes too. You don't have to feel sorry."

I smiled at him. "Do you know how to use apparition? I really don't feel like going back inside after storming out to use the floo network."

"Yeah, I can. Grab on." He said gesturing for me to grab his arm. (Zane is a few months older than me so he's already got his apparition license) I in tangled my arm with his and 5 seconds later appeared in Diagon Alley.

"So where exactly are you taking me? You didn't give me much details just that I needed to dress formally".

"Oh, sorry about that. I just couldn't remember what the place was called. Here it is."

𝘙𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘔𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘲𝘶𝘦 𝘥𝘦 𝘍𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘦

"It's in French."

"What does it mean?"

"Fancy Magic Restaurant."

"That's not what I expected it to mean."

"Name?" The hostess asked.

"Carrow."

"Table for 2?"

Zane nodded.

"Follow me" the hostess said while directing us to our seats. "Your waiter will be with you in a moment" she said smiling giving us menus and then leaving our table. The waiter showed up, we ordered our drinks and food.

Zane and I got to talking. We got to know each other a little bit more. I noticed that Zane is a lot more relaxed when he isn't around his parents. He seems to feel more comfortable in his own skin when they're not around. Just like me. We both found out we have lots in common. We didn't really talk about the wedding seeing as it made us both uncomfortable whenever either of us tried to bring up the topic. We finished up our dinner which was very delicious.

I had excused my self from the table to go to the lady's room but as I was coming back from restroom I ran into someone. 𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳. I had never really became friends with James but I had spoken with him on a few occasions threw out our years at Hogwarts.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't-" I looked up "James! Hi" I said in a surprised voice.

"Oh! Hey Nott. How've you been?" He also seemed surprised to see me.

"Fine, thanks for asking. You?"

"Same. You here we your family?"

"No. I'm actually here with a friend. Are you here with your family or did Lily finally agree to go on a date with?" I said jokingly.

"No, I'm not here with her though I wish I were. I'm here with my parents and Sirius to have dinner."

"Right, Sirius lives with you." There was an awkward silence. "Well, you tell him I said hello."

"Yeah okay. Hope you have a good night."

"You too, goodnight."