Party Rockers. (7) (End)

(GUYS THE NAME IS FUNNY, LAUGH. AHAHA.)

A soft familiar chuckle fills my ear and I peek my eyes open. Clay is looking at his phone while I lean against his side, one of his hands is brushing through my hair.

"Ello there." I mumble, sitting up.

He seems surprised by my awakening but smiles once he sees me. "Hi." We stay there for a few moments. How have we managed to get in such awkward yet comfortable situations?

"Want to get something to eat?" I smile at him and he nods.

"Sure, want anything specific?" I think for a few seconds.

"Let's go out!" I shout

"W-what?"

"To eat!" I specify. He tensed up a bit but eased.

"Sure, c'mon." We stand and he grabs his keys. "Want something fancy or...?"

I roll my eyes. "Fancy, and I'm paying. I owe you for being really cool." He chuckles as we step outside of his house.

"Sure, whatever. When are we supposed to be at Nick's house?" He asks.

"Six tonight. I have to go into town with him this afternoon to get some supplies so I'll just be gone for a while, but I'll see you there!" I explain while he drives downtown, eyeing for a restaurant.

~~~~

I recommend a restaurant and we go in, sitting down. We order and eat and wait for a while, enjoying each other company.

"So when do you gotta go?" He looks down at his now empty plate.

"Nick said sometime around 11 so we have time for preparations. It's..." I check the time. "Shit! It's 10:54 he's coming to pick me up in like 5 minutes!" I panic. I texted him an hour earlier to pick me up in front of this restaurant, but I didn't expect time to fly so fast. I fumble for my wallet to pay.

He puts his hand on mine, setting the wallet down. "Hey, it's okay. I'll pay. You get ready to leave, it's fine." He smiles warmly, filling me with bubbles.

"Uh, you sure?" I feel bad for leaving so suddenly.

"Of course! Anything for you." Oh shit, that hit me right in the heart.

I giggle to hide my embarrassment and look out the window, Nick's car pulls up. "That's my ride." I chuckle softly.

He smiles. "Guess I'll see you tonight." He stands up and holds his arms out for a hug.

"Yeah. Definitely." I walk towards him and wrap my arms around him, before I pull away, I peck his cheek and rush out into Nick's car. That was the most pathetic and sad thing I've ever done. I didn't even look back to see how he took it.

~~~~

"Okay, recheck the list." Nick groans and pulls out the messily written on scrap of paper from a receipt.

He cleared his throat. "Three Sodas."

"Check."

"Four beer six pack cases."

"Check."

"Party mix of chips.

"Check."

"Cake."

"Check."

"Your love life." I roll my eyes at his petty attempt at a joke.

I ignore it, too. "We seem to have everything we need. Let's go back to your place." He nods and pulls out of the parking lot, driving to our house.