Chapter 20

Jasper…

When we arrived at the castle I made sure Bella and Char was in-between me and Peter so it was easy to protect them if we needed to, even if they could look after themselves – it made me a Peter relax a little. Jane told us that Aro, Caius and Marcus was busy at the moment so we had to wait in a little waiting room, Jane decided to wait with us.

 “So what are you doing here?” Jane asked Bella. “Dad’s knower went off” Jane looked at Peter who shrugged his shoulders.

It was half an hour later when Jane showed us to the throne room. “Ah, it’s the Whitlock’s” Aro welcomed us, I knew Peter, Char and Bella only really liked Jane, Alec, Demetri and Felix which I found a bit weird, but seeing first-hand how Jane and Bella react, it’s give me a different view to Jane from instead of the little girl most vampires run from.

Aro walked over to us, Peter was ready to pass him his hand but Aro held his hand up, making a gesture that meant ‘wait’. “I should tell you that my gift has developed” I raised my eyebrow up. “I can see everything now” what’s that supposed to mean? I guess Aro noticed the confused look on our faces so he carried on. “I can see your human life, if you had a past life, everything” my eyes near enough popped out of my sockets.

If I let him touch my hand he’d know my human life, I could finally find out if I had a wife, children, anything, but do I want to know it all now, especially when I have Bella. I know if I find out anything, it wouldn’t change how I feel about Bella, but would she see it that way? If I found out I had children and a wife, would she think I love her any less? I hated these thoughts that were running through my head, I knew Bella wouldn’t hate me, but would it cause problems for us?

“That’s it” Peter suddenly mumbled, my head snapped in his direction. “Jasper let Aro read your thoughts” I raised my eyebrow, I really didn’t think I wanted to, what if it caused problems? I looked at Bella and she nodded her head with a small smile, I felt for her emotions and they were full of love.

I placed my hand in Aro’s before he bowed his head and grabbed my hand. I made sure to keep my eye on his emotions and all I felt coming from him was shock. A couple of minutes later he released my hand with wide eyes looking between me and Bella. “May I Bella” After Peter nodded at her she placed her hand in his. It was really doing my head in, not knowing what he had seen. Five minutes later Aro released Bella’s hand, he looked completely shocked. Aro looked at Peter and Char, then back to Bella, then resting his eyes on me.

“May I?” Aro asked Char, couple of minutes later Aro released Char’s hand his jaw was basically hanging on the floor. He looked at Peter with a raised eyebrow, asking silently if he could read his thoughts. Peter just placed his hand into Aro’s while he stood there whistling, like nothing big was happening, when really it was. Me, Peter and Char could never remember anything of our human life and just lately it’s really been doing my head in, in fact it was the moment I saw Bella in Forks high fighting with Jessica.

“That explains a lot” Aro mumbled to himself before looking at Marcus. “What do you see brother?” I felt like a fucking science experiment, Marcus concentrated on the four of us. “The usual, except Jasper is Bella’s mate. Peter and Charlotte still have the parental bond to Bella” Aro nodded. “There’s a reason why they have a parental bond” He told Marcus before looking back at the four of us.

“Well do you fancy telling your story to the rest of us?” Bella snapped, I knew she hated been the centre of attention. “Maybe we could go somewhere private to talk” Aro asked us with a raised eyebrow. Everyone left the room, leaving the four of us with Aro, Caius and Marcus.

“Oh my god” Peter mumbled wide eyed looking at Bella, Char and me. “Jasper do you remember anything from your human life?” Aro asked me, I shook my head ‘no’. “What about you Bella?” She nodded her head. “Of course I do, I was only changed a couple of days ago” Aro shook his head showing her he didn’t mean that. “I meant you’re past life” Everyone’s jaw dropped, what the hell?

A/N - I know it's a short chapter but I promise you that i am writing the next chapter right this moment so it will be up today. Don't forget to vote and comment.