chapter 3

So I have written 2 chapters 'til now. Thanks to everyone who has read it and I really hope you enjoyed it.  This is my third chapter of the book. Feel free to comment and tell what you like or dislike about the story. It would mean a lot to me since I am practically new at this wattpad thing. Your support would be great. Anyway.....I leave you here chapter 3. it is kind of  dramatic

PS. If by any chance you are asking yourself why I didn't put a cast, it is because I want to leave things to  your imagination, so you can picture the characters the way you wish.

      It is really hard for me to catch up with the college girl lifestyle. I can't still believe i am in princeton and i have been here for two days already. It is nice though. Lessons haven't started yet. I guess they are just waiting for students to get used to the changes. Since we don't have classes yet, Rein and I spend our time just hanging out together in our dorm. I really like her. The more i get to know her, the more I am convinced that we both have a lot in common and i think that i might already consider her my friend. I know she does. She has told me so. I have to admitt that I was surprised when she told me stuff that I never thought she would say to someone she has known for only two days. I guess she understood that much from my you-are-not-seriously-telling-me-that face expression.

       " I consider myself to be a very intuitive person . My instincts have never let me down. And my insticts right now tell me that we are going to be best friends and that  I can trust you. So get rid of that expression you have going on in there. " she said pointing at my face. I didn't even know I had an expression. 

       " sorry," I apologised. Just trying to be nice. " But I have told you that I kind of have trusting issues So i am surprised when people are so open about their personal stuff.. You gonna have to be patient with me." I smiled shyly. "But i didn't mean to scare you off. You can really trust me." I added.

    "Yeah, I know. You still haven't told me why you have trusting issues. I mean, people can not go on disbelieving in everyone. I don't know how someone can live like that. You'll gonna have to open up to someone sooner or later." she shrugged.

   " I didn't choose to be like this. I don't want to be like this. But I have to protect myself, my heart. It has already been broken once and i am still collecting the pieces. I can not allow anyone to break it again or else I won't be able to fix it anymore." I said defensively. It felt like she was reproaching me. She doesn't know what I have been through.

    "Ok, I am sorry. I never meant that as an offense if that's how you took it.  I just want you to trust me and feel free to talk to me about anything you want. I have understood by now that you have suffered a lot. But, it would feel a lot better, if you talked to someone." she sad and she gave me the concerned look.

  " Why don't you keep telling me more about yourself ? " I asked diverting the attention to her again.

  "As you wish" she puffed out. " You already know everything related to my family. What I haven't told you yet is my love story. I fell in love with a boy when i was 16 years old and we have been together for three years before breaking up just two months ago. He decided to go to canada for his studies, while i came here. We both decided it was best to just call it quits. We both knew that a long distance relationship was not what we wanted .... But I guess that at the end we just didn't love each other enough. And then.... what did we know about love anyway? We were just teenagers." she sad and a frown covered her face. I guess she loved him more than she would ever admitt and more than he loved her. I felt bad for her and it reminded me of my own love failure. I don't know why but i felt the urge to tell her my story.

    "You know..." I paused, doubting on whether telling her or not, but then I started talking again,not being able to shush myself. I just needed to let it out or it would suffocate me. " I loved a boy once. His name was Taylor.  I was 17 when I fell for him. You know that kind of love we only find in books? That's what I felt for him.  We used to take literature classes together in high school and that is how I knew him. We became friends immediately. Until his friendship wasn't enough for me anymore. I used to fall asleep thinking of him every single night.He was so beautiful. I closed my eyes and his image haunted my mind. Like a stupid kindergarden girl, I even used to write his name on every notebook. He just became everything I needed. He became my oxygen. I felt like i couldn't breathe when he wasn't around me. And I felt butterflies in my stomach everytime I saw him or came near him. When he asked me out the first time, I was so happy that If someone would tell me i could fly, I would've believe it. It felt so surreal and yet the best feeling in the world. After two dates together, he asked me to be his girlfriend.It had never even crossed my mind that he felt that way about me. As you can imagine, I said yes. It was what I had been longing for. we had some great moments together. I still remember our laughs,I still remember his kisses.....but....but they all soon turned into bad memories for me. In something that I have been fighting for so long to get out of my system. You know what he did???? In my most vulnerable moment, he cheated on me with my best friend. The girl whom I told everything, who knew all of my secrets,who used to encourage me to tell him how I felt and the boy I loved. I caught them making out. I saw them with my own eyes. And what hurts the most is that he made it my fault. Seemingly it was my fault he betrayed me. My world was crushed. How could he do that to me??? How could she do that to me???? I considered her to be my sister...but she went behind my back and took my boyfriend.They had been going on for quite a few" I stop catching my breath. I was trying so hard  to suppress my tears, but I just couldn't and I let them fall down. It was just too painful to talk about this. That's why i have never told this to anyone. Not even my dad. But I am telling it to Rein.  " And they never even tried to apologise you know???They didn't even try to explain not that there is any explanation that could make me understand, but at least try.... I thought he loved me. He made me believe that.  Why did he have to ask me to be his girlfriend?? Why did he have to break my heart??? Why did they have to make a fool out of me??? " I realise that I am breaking down now, but i can't control mysself. I hope I don't scare rein. You wanted to know me??? Well, this is me. The girl who was played by her BFF and her boyfriend,a total naive girl. " I am sorry....I am really sorry" I say and try to wipe off my tears. " I am so sorry for dumping this on you. I don't know what got in to me."

  Rein reached out and hugged me. I really needed this hug. I felt so brittle right now and that hug was keeping me from falling in pieces. Why did I have to bring up bad memories? i try my hard to  forget them and then I remember them in details???? 

       " You have nothing to be sorry for. I am sorry...for making you tell me things you don't want to. I am sorry." Rein says still holding the tearing me in a tight hug. " That bitch didn't deserve to be your friend and that asshole of taylor got exactly what was good for him : The bitch. You are better than both of them. You will get over him. I promise.. ..The pain will go away at some point." she tried to comfort me.

      " You understand now why I have trusting issues? Why it is hard for me to trust people??? " I say breaking the hug. 

     " I am sorry for what you have been through. But here you have got a friend that will never let you down and who is ready to hear you every time you wish. I promise." she said.

     "Don't make promises you can't  keep" I whispered. ' Enough of this. I have cried for a lot of time. I need a good laughter now. Can we watch a comedy ? I hear ' The wedding ringer' is a great movie." I say, trying to put aside everything that just happened here. But i have to admitt that it feels better now, letting it out.

   " Yeah me too. Can we watch 'Think like a man too " after we watch 'The wedding ringer' ? I just love all of Kevin Hart's movies? " Rein said clapping her hand like a little kid and with a huge smile on her face. how could anyone say no to that face, let alone when she puts that smile??

   " OOhh I love that movie too. We should make a list."  I suggest.

  " how exactly did we pass from crying-your-heart-out day to cinema day??? " she wondered. " oh nevermind.. Let's make the list."

   And so, as unbelievable as it may sound, we started watching comedy and went from crying to laughing our ass out. That Kevin Hart dude is really funny