Chapter 27

CHAPTER 27

I froze. Unable to move from the sheer fact of knowing who it was. The sound of his voice still rang through my head. He knew now. And I know he'll tell everyone. He wasn't one to keep something like this to himself. And I knew he'd tell Jason. I turned around slowly my eyes closed and my breath caught in my throat.

He stood there, arms crossed glaring at both of us. “care to explain why you are kissing someone who isn't your boyfriend.”

“Daniel-”

“don't you dare talk to me!” he snapped at Liam. Liam's arms went around me instantly pulling me behind him.

“so you can yell at Rennie? Who did nothing but fall in love?” he countered. “you and I both know you aren't mad at her, you're mad at me. Admit it.”

Daniel stared down Liam. He was fuming. His face was red, his breath hard and ragged and his fist were clenched. Liam stood in front of me blocking my view, I stepped to the side to watched as my brother and Liam both stood a good few feet away from each other. Both glaring at the other. Daniel dropped his arms to his side, his fist still clenched. “you're right, I'm mad at you- I'm furious with you. I told you three years ago if you broke my sisters heart again, you better stay away. You better run for the fucking hills! And you did for a while. Then you come back into the picture. And you get her to fall in love with you again!”

“Daniel, he didn't make me fall in love with him. I fell for him all on my own!” I said stepping forward.

“I'm so tired of you being a dick! Stop pushing him away. Can't you see he makes me happy?”

Daniel turned to me, his eyes softened and his hand unclenched. “Rena, I only want the best for you! And Jason is what's good for you, not Liam.”

“not everyone is good forever, Daniel.” I said softly. “please, let me make my own decisions. Let me fall for the guy I choose, not the guy you like best.”

his face was masked, his expression unreadable. I didn't know what he would say, I don't even think I wanted to know. “Serena, you're my little sister. I hate seeing you get hurt, especially when it's the same guy over and over again.”

“I wont get hurt this time, I promise.” I looked back at Liam who was smiling softly at me. “I love him, Daniel. I really do.”

I turned back to see Daniel smiling sadly at me. “now where have I heard that line before?” he chuckled lightly. “baby sister, I love you so much, I hate seeing you the way he left you before. Twice in fact.”

I shook my head. “it's not like the last times Daniel.”

“I think I heard that one before too.” I rolled my eyes at him as he chuckled. “I know you wouldn't go back if you weren't one hundred percent sure. But I know you never listen to logic, he's risky! He's broken your heart twice before now.”

I opened my mouth to retaliate when things seemed to click. 'twice before now' something about those words made gears move in my head. It was like a puzzle piece finally finding it's place. 'I've screwed it up twice before now'. How could I have just let that fly over my head. The lyrics in the song. The message they were trying to send. It was all to me. A smile grew on my lips as I stared at my brother.

“I'm positive Danny.”

he sighed nodding his head. “I wont keep you from him, but don't like him any more than I already do- which is not at all.” he glared at Liam before giving me a hug. “I expect you to tell Jason right away. I don't want my sister being a cheating whore.” I rolled my eyes laughing before smacking his shoulder. “I'm kidding, well I only came to drop off some of Nath's old baby clothes, and I've said my piece. I'll see you soon sis.” he gave me another hug and a kiss on the cheek and shooting another glare towards Liam before he left.