Chapter 30 ~ Training

By the time I got home, it was very late in the evening, so I just decided to go to bed right away.

Passing by Zuko's room, I heard faint whispers. I looked in to get a peek at what was going on only to see Zuko talking and giggling with Mai. I figured I'd leave them alone.

I sighed in relief as I got to my bed and collapsed, exhausted from the fight from this morning. I fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow.

Time skip - 11 hours

I opened my eyes, feeling groggy as I looked out the window to see the sun shining strongly.

I knew I couldn't fall asleep again, so I just got out of bed, took a bath and got some breakfast.

Once that was done, I headed off to Zuko's room, where he was just relaxing.

"Hi. Mind if I come in?"

"Good morning Y/N. No, come on in." He replied, looking at me. "So what happened yesterday? Did you find your family?"

"Yeah, I did. It was great." I felt a smile growing on my face. "I missed them so much, although... My mom was really worried about me coming back. She didn't even want me to leave. And also-"

"What?"

"Well, remember those three guys I told you about at the beach?"

Zuko nodded.

"I had I run-in with them, but don't worry, everything is under control."

"Are you sure? Did they do anything to you? Are you hurt? Should I go after them? Or maybe-"

"Zuko, relax. It's fine. I met them, they were a bit rude, but I kicked their butts. Oh, also, look at this:" I said, casting a pure white flame in my hand.

"That's amazing, Y/N. Why is it like that?"

"It's in this book I got a long time ago. It says all about the different types of fire. It has a part about white fire too. I think it said something like "Those who have white fire are at peace with themselves.". Also, I can supposedly control the temperature of the flame, but I don't know how."

"That's interesting. Does it have a bit about blue fire too?"

"You're thinking of Azula, aren't you?"

"Yeah."

"Well I think they said something about it being hotter and more difficult to control then regular fire. And it's driven by anger and hatred. I can always go get the book if you want..." I said, standing up.

Zuko took my wrist, pulling me back down. "No, it's fine. Besides, I already knew Azula had a lot of anger and hatred in her."

"Alright then."

"Ahem."

Both Zuko and I turned to the source of the noise. Mai was standing in the doorway, looking at us skeptically.

"What's up." She asked casually while staring daggers at me.

"Nothing much." I answered.

There was a moment of awkward silence before Zuko noticed that he was still holding my wrist, which he let go promptly.

"Am I interrupting something? Should I go?"

"No, no... I was just leaving." I said, chuckling awkwardly and heading towards the door.

Just as I was about to leave, Mai put a hand against the frame of the door, blocking my way. "You too seem pretty close... How long have you known each other from?"