Chapter 47 ~ The end

As the two siblings squared up, their fists in a fighting position, I felt a sudden pang in my chest. They were really going to go through with this.

Resolving not to be useless, I placed myself next to Zuko, albeit leaving a pretty good space between us for maneuvering.

"Be careful." I told him as a last wish, assuming a stance with him.

"I always am." He reassured me, suddenly jumping into action as Azula shot a huge blast of blue fire, forcing him to avoid it and counter with his own flames.

Zuko and I found ourselves with our hands full as she kept sending more attacks. Her movements were completely erratic and it was near impossible to predict what she would do next. Actually, she was so good that even in a two on one fight, we only managed to actually be on the offensive side a couple times, never lasting very long.

The air around us had become heavy and hot from all the fire, particles of dust and ash beginning to settle in my lungs. It wasn't so bad for now though, so there was no need to worry.

"Zuko!" I yelled over the sound of the blasts of fire and Azula's crazed laughs. "I have an idea. Do you think you can defend yourself all on your own?"

"Yes. I can. Go do what you need to do!"

I nodded at him, creating a large blast of fire that would temporarily blind Azula as I ran away, hiding behind some sort of pillar.

"Where did you go, Y/N?" She shrieked. "Don't tell me you're running away? I was just getting started!"

I remained silent, and seeing as she got no answer, she began throwing a folly of fire Zuko's way, making them even more deadly. He would definitely have a problem against those. I'd have to act quickly.

Hurriedly going from pillar to pillar when Azula was focusing on Zuko, I eventually got behind her. Then, I concentrated all my willpower into my palms, heating them up.

"Zuko, run! Now!"

Upon hearing my voice, Zuko turned and ran without a moment's hesitation. His sister, on the other hand, wasn't so critical.

"Ah, so there you are. I was looking for you. Ready to play?"

I ignored her taunting, waiting for the time that Zuko would be far away enough so that I'd be relatively sure he wouldn't get hurt. The second he made it past the limit I had estimated, I shot a huge blast of my signature white fire, as wide and as tall as Appa.

Azula was quick on her feet as she sent one of the same size with both her hands, this time blue, to cancel out mine. I didn't stop, hoping she'd get tired. It was a race to see who would last the longest.

Zuko, who understood the situation as well as Azula's obvious advantage over me, positioned himself approximately at the same distance I was from Azula. Then, using his own reddish-orange fire, he copied my move.

Azula, now sandwiched between both shots of fire, was forced to use one hand to fend off Zuko's fire while using the other to repel mine.

I tried making it bigger, but I was getting tired. I needed to rest for a moment. But I couldn't stop now. Azula would have a hard time defending herself from both of our attacks. She couldn't possibly last much longer.

Still, she showed no signs of letting up. And my situation was worsening. I had begun sweating all over and I felt weak, probably from my constant flow of outgoing fire as well as the amount of ash I had inhaled.

Azula cackled loudly. "You two seem to be in pretty bad shape. Why don't you just give up!" She yelled, adding more power to her fire as it began to overtake mine and Zuko's.