A deal of the olden times

The hunter was in shock. There's part of zero that will never believe he won't come bouncing around some corner to laugh at me for falling for this elaborate joke. Zero was about to walk out when Yami yelled, "Stop where are you going," 

" Away from you, from here",, zero replied.

"You can't!" He exclaimed, and a pair of dark strands captured his hands and his legs without hesitation. 

" Why the fuck not?" zero yelled as he struggled. 

" you are my heir, my child sort of and my legacy, and you need to control this power, or you will end up killing millions, just like that pureblood killed your family" Yami spat cold hard facts. 

" How did you know"  Zero gasped. 

" the Kiryuus were feared even among the demons, and your father... I hunted with years ago", Yami replied 

"My father", Zero said nervously. 

"Surely, you don't want others the same faith as you kiryuu~chan," Yami said. 

Zero pondered for a moment as he frowned at the wooden floor, his eyes clearly showing flashing golden due to his pain. The Boy had lost everything to a manic pureblood only to be orphaned and turned to kill his precious little brother all for the sake of survival. Zero was getting an opportunity to walk away from this short-lived game until he finally met his demise. He might take this chance and try to live a life with passion and reason rather than waste his life, protecting a little girl who left him for his evil brother, Kaname. That name hadn't crossed his mind in months. Yes, the handsome prince was someone everyone desired, but Zero could care less at this point as he might make a move that would lead to his happily ever after.  

"Fine old man, I will do it, but no more kissing, ok" Zero said firmly 

"As you wish, brat", Yami replied 

" Tomorrow at dawn we start, tonight you rest here, the cerberry will show you to your room, kid,", Yami said as he whistled to have a shrunken version of the dog from the entry now in sight and to jump on Yami.  Zero didn't need to question the dog. He understood that the dog changed its appearance depending on the trespasser. 

Zero was quite as he followed the dog who led him to a The grand space of the room invited the lungs to expand, absorb the floral aroma, and enter the moment. He made his way to the bed. Falling asleep was one of the best parts of the day. There is the cozy blankets, snug and safe, letting the world of dreams come to him in its dancing way. Zero failed to notice the demon king who snuck into his room very quietly and tuck him in properly before making his way to bed and whispering a small

"goodnight, brat."

"night, dad", mumbled Zero in his sleep, making Yami happy and smile a bit. 

Next morning  

zero was first out of bed and on the grounds when the supposed father figure reached the ground yawning with cigarette lit. 

"Firstly, You must obey three rules, 

1. First, you must push your self to your limits and not complain 

2. You will learn to mind your manners and no more acting like a kid 

3. You will also refer to me as your father 

DO YOU UNDERSTAND" HE YELLED 

zero was shocked as he consented to the first two. However, the last demand made him feel a bit queazy. But he understood where the demon king was coming from, considering he was his successor. A part of Zero's mind thought that the man possessed an emptiness to him that may be due to him having no family, and he understood that ache very well. Hence decided to agree to the three wishes. 

"Firstly, we will train you in the art of sword fighting as your shooting skills aren't as bad. Furthermore, you will have lessons such as Latin, maths, English to continue your education and also you will learn about the demon race and how to lead a species to a great future... you will have special lessons where you will learn to mind your demeanours." Yami said, saying the last part looking Zero in the eye without any sense of guilt. 

"Yes, Yam-father", Zero replied instantly as he understood that he would change his public image as a prince. 

"Let's start,", Yami said as he took out his katana and handed one to Zero.

Upon that sun-warmed sand, the demon-duo duelled for the sake of a perspective shift that was no more real than passing shadows. minutes turned to hours, and Zero was finally excused and taken to take a shower, where he washed away all his embarrassment and angry as he couldn't land a single hit on the demon king.  Tomorrow he awaited his new demon school which would teach him and improve him to be worthy next king.