T h i r t y - t w o

_____

'' I wanted to see you.''

_____

Amelie was scared — terrified to face the grey eyes that constantly haunted her worn mind.

Because they did, every time her soul craved an ounce of peace, she thought of those grey eyes.

His grey eyes.

Amelie's knees felt more than weak beneath her. She could barely stand straight on her feet as she watched him step closer. It felt as if she was dreaming.

The air in her lungs tightened as she held her breath. She couldn't decide whether to believe if this was real or not — if he really was here, standing in front of her.

But it was. This was real. Draco was here, and just as he closed in on her — she could feel the drips of nature gently pouring down onto her fragile skin.

It scented like rain.

He always brought the rain, and god, how she had missed it.

Draco held only inches away from her. It was as if he was frightened to take another step — as if he didn't want to invade her privacy and her own space more than he had done already,

'' Amelie.'' His voice stern, '' Tell me about your favorite book.''

Her head shook, her fingers clasped together. She couldn't believe what she was looking at.

He was here.

He stood tall right next to her, and her breath left airy, '' I don't—'' She whispered, keeping her eyes locked in his,

She couldn't help but notice how much he'd changed. How his hair was longer — the blonde strands fell sleekly over his forehead and the mauve circles underneath his eyes shredded into the pale skin,

He seemed exhausted, nearly beaten within the walls of his mind.

'' What are you doing here?'' Her head snapped, looking over her shoulder, only to see Theodore still standing in the kitchen. It gave her a soothing sense, knowing that he was close by.

Draco's head tipped, he released a deep breath as he looked at her — he had almost forgotten just how beautiful she was, how her hair wrapped around her face, how her skin looked soft as silk — how calm she seemed.

The last time he has seen her, and every time before that — she was haunted by the memory of her past, and she still was, but this wasn't the same.

She looked at peace.

His hands shoved into his coat pocket as he kept his eyes in hers, '' I wanted to see you.'' Draco mumbled. He felt his veins aching — because she was so close to him, yet so far away.

'' You wanted to see me?'' Her brows raised, her arms crossed over her chest, '' It's been a—''

'' Month.'' He finished for her, a look of guilt rose upon him, ''I know exactly how long it's been.''

Amelie felt herself swallow, '' Then why now?''

Draco didn't know if he should tell her the truth — that he had been looking for her everywhere for all that time.

He didn't want to expose himself like that. He didn't want her to know just how desperate he had been to find her.

She watched as his eyes dragged over the cabin and how his mind looked to be elsewhere.