F i f t y - s e v e n

This chapter contains scenes of death, abuse, and violent actions. Please read with caution.

_____

'' Where is she?''

_____

Amelie Avery.

'' You ungrateful fucking witch, how long have you had this for?''

He was flipping through the pages — seeing everything that Draco had been writing her, and just as her lips parted to speak, Adrian slapped her with it.

Her cheek sored red, and the corner of her eyes shredded in tears.

'' I asked you a question,'' He stated again, chuckling darkly to himself as he read what Draco had written, '' This is just—''

He burst out laughing at her, smirking devilishly as she felt the humiliation waver within. He even tried to take the safety of that diary away from her.

'' Is this what you have been doing? Reading this?'' Adrian kept on pushing her, continually threatening to hit her with it again, '' Is it those twin-diaries parents buy for their kids?'' He mumbled while studying it, thoughtfully, '' Looks like it.''

'' You can't even respond, so what? He just writes you over and over?'' He mocked, shaking his head at how desperate Draco seemed to be, '' God, I wish I could see the look on his face when he wrote this.''

Amelie's jaws clenched, and she looked away from him. Her cheeks burnt by the slap she just received, and her pulse stressed throughout her.

It stung in her chest by that image. How heartbroken Draco had to be to actually admit to loving her. He'd lived with her for weeks and not said anything — but now he did.

'' It's pathetic. That's what it is. Malfoy will never find you here,'' He growled before he threw the diary across the room, making it hit the wall with a loud slam, '' Don't you think I know that he was here once? That he came here looking for you?''

Her eyes prickled in tears.

Amelie did know. She did, but she also did everything manageable to shut it out, to not think about it.

'' But he couldn't see you, could he?'' He laughed at her again. He was dangerously close to her, '' It's so fucking tragic, isn't it?''

Adrian's hand moved to her hair, and he dragged her by it to the end of her bed. Towering her as his tongue rolled over his bottom lip, '' Answer me.''

Amelie's head shook, trying to save herself from the coarse hold he had of her, '' He loves me,'' She breathed, '' It's not tragic. He loves me, and I love—''

Adrian's hold of her throat hardened intensely. Squeezing her skin so tight that he took every chance of breathing away from her.

'' Love...'' He scoffed, '' What the hell is love anyway? A good story in a book perhaps, but let me fill you in on a little secret, Amelie...'' Her fingers scraped at his hands. Her whole body was overwhelmed by the dread, '' Love doesn't exist.''

'' Are you sure he didn't just say that because he wanted to fuck you?'' Adrian slammed her spine down to the mattress, and he climbed on top of her, nailing her into the sheets, '' He got what he wanted, Amelie. How do you even know that he's actually looking for you?''

She swallowed as the weight of Adrian straddling her felt more than heavy upon her fragile body.

'' He got you into bed, and he doesn't want you anymore. Why do you think I started to treat you like the waste of space you are after we first slept together?'' His hands closed around her neck, squeezing tightly.