Chapter Nine

The day of the wedding had arrived and the weather was perfect, perfect for Emily and her perfect, dream wedding, the snow had stopped falling but there was a fresh blanket of white, crisp snow covering the floor, the sky was white and pink as it was brightly lighting up the sky. Arriving outside of Elena's house in a black, five door Vauxhall Corsa was Chris wearing a black tuxedo, with a black matching waistcoat, a silk, pale blue tie finished off with a pair of leather, black shoes, covering the tuxedo he wore his black Parker jacket as he turned off the engine and climbed out of the car carefully. Slowly shuffling towards the stairwell as he tried not to slip on the slippery snow, he finally made it to the bottom of the stairs as he slowly climbed up it towards the front door. He reached to the right and with his right index finger he pressed the doorbell as it chimed throughout the hallway. As he stood on the porch he waited for her to arrive at the front door, with the sound of clicking of heels against the wooden flooring in the hallway Elena finally appearing at the front door, pulling it open she revealed her dress for the wedding, his eyes turned towards her with them widening when he noticed what she was wearing. She wore a royal blue off the shoulder, skater dress finished off with a pair of nude, strapped high heels with a bow on the front, her long brown locks was in an elegant up do, swept back with a large bun at the back with her long fringe swept off her face and clipped back, her eye make-up was a brown smoky look with a thin layer of eyeliner on the water line and a thin layer on the upper lid. Her lipstick was a pale red with a shimmering effect finished off with a light layer of blusher that was slightly darker than her olive complexion that highlighted her high cheekbones. 

"Hi," she smiled softly, she looked away quickly towards the kitchen area before turning around to face him, noticing him staring at her with unemotional face her smile faded, "What's wrong?" She asked him with worry as she looked quickly down at her dressed, pushing it down anxiously, "Is it my dress? Am I too over dressed? I thought I was, oh my god," she began to panic, "I'm gonna have to change."

"No," he finally spoke, "No, don't do that, you don't look too over dressed, you look absolutely amazin'." 

"Are you sure?" She asked him anxiously, "'Cause I can go and get changed quickly, I'm sure that I have somethin' that would be less dressed up." 

"No, you look amazin'," he smiled. 

"Then why did you look at me like that?" She asked him with a slight frown. 

"I just wasn't expectin' it, that's all," he smiled once more, "I wasn't expectin' you to look this... well, beautiful." 

"You think that I look beautiful?" She smiled slightly. 

"Yeah," he nodded with a grin appearing on his face, "And the dress is perfect." 

"Thank you," she smiled, "You don't think that it's an okay colour to wear for a weddin', 'cause I know that weddin's are supposed to be bright and all, but I thought with it bein' winter, I would wear somethin' wintery. Well, wintery colour." 

"It's perfect," he informed her as he stepped towards her into the house, "You couldn't have gotten a more perfect colour," he pulled down the zipper on his Parker jacket revealing the pale blue tie tucked into his tuxedo, "The colour that Emily actually wants us to all have for the weddin' is blue, she has her bridesmaids, the groom, her family," he pointed to himself, "And pretty much everybody who is comin' to the weddin', she actually wrote in all of their invitations that they have to wear some kind of blue to the weddin'." 

"You're kiddin'," she gasped with a shock but with a smile on her face. 

"Nope," he laughed, "So, you picked the right dress, the right colour, the right everythin', I'm pretty sure that my sister will think that you'll fit in." He took a small step towards her with a smile on his face still and his eyes never leaving hers, "You look perfect.