Chapter Eight

The ferocious weather had worsened with the gales picking up as the rain clattered against the brightly lit, florist glass window. The wind howled like a wolf and screamed like a banshee, the water rushed down the empty streets with a crashing sound above as the thunder and lightning hit the weather bashed small town. And still sitting down on the floor but now with her head resting on her arms which were resting on her knees with both of her feet planted firmly on the ground, was Elena as her long, brown ponytail flopped over the front of her. Her back rising and falling followed by a quiet whimper each time, the tears, like the rain, crashed down against the ground with a poodle of tears appearing on the wooden floor.

          Walking passed the window, hunched over with a waterproof, black parker with a brown and beige furry hood, that was up and covering his head with it zipped up to the top with a button keeping the hood up with the ferocious wind battling against him was Chris. Taking a quick glance through the window, he noticed her sitting on the floor with her head placed on her forehead and her back rising and falling. With his eyes widening with concern, he quickly dashed towards the front door and pushed it open with the howling winds gushing through the door, keeping a tight grip on the handle preventing it from smashing against the wall and shattering the window, Chris gripped the door handle tightly and with all of his strength, he stepped behind the door and pushed it closed as he battled against the mighty wind. The bell above the door was chiming like crazy as the wind almost took it off the wall. Clicking the door shut, Chris spun on his heels with his soaking wet black converses squeaking against the wooden flooring. Darting over to her quickly, he leaned down and skidded on his knees towards her as he gently and carefully placed his cold, wet hands on her wrists softly. “Elena,” he asked her worryingly, “Elena, look at me!” Slowly she lifted her head up from her arms with her mascara running down her cheeks, her eyes red and bloodshot and her face puffy. He slowly removed his fingers from around her wrist and placed it gently on her cheeks looking at her with concern. “Elena,” he asked her softly, “What happened?” 

“I’m such an idiot,” she cried.

 “What?” He frowned with confusion, “Why?” 

“Because I did somethin’ stupid,” she sobbed as more tears streamed down her cheeks with almost every inch of mascara disappearing from her long, dark lashes. 

“What do you mean?” He questioned her softly. “What did you do that was stupid?” 

“I just lost it,” she admitted, “I lost control and I just got out of control.” 

“Why?” He queried, “What made you lose control?” 

“Jodie,” she informed him as the tears carried on flowing down her cheeks, “She just frustrated me so much that I got so angry and I just lost it.” 

“Why?” He asked her, “What happened? What did she do to make you lose control?” 

“She angers me so much sometimes,” she groaned angrily, “She just puts me in these situations all of the time which makes me want to hurt her.”

“What did she say?” He questioned her with a calm and collected tone to his voice.

 “She basically called me a slut,” she spat with anger remembering how her friend made her feel. 

“What?” He frowned, “What did she actually say to you?” 

“You see,” she sighed as she wiped her tears away from her cheeks quickly, “Jodie likes to gossip and most of all, she likes to hear gossip.” 

“Shocker,” he responded sarcastically. 

“So, she called me sayin’ that she heard from Tina that we went out for drinks last night,” she told him.