Chapter Twenty Nine

A few weeks had gone by, Billie had been out of my life more than I would've liked him to be. The big high school tests that would determine if I would be let out of this hell hole yet we're drawing closer and I was an honest wreck with out Billies support.

Not that I needed it, of course I didn't. I didn't need anyone support, but it would've been nice to have it.

I'd managed to get that job Billie had encouraged me to get. Morley since I had so much free time. Although working at the Café wasn't my sort of job and nothing like other part time Jobs I'd taken on before, it was alright for now. The hours were kind to me, the job wasn't stressful, the pay was doing me well.

When Billie had the time, or maybe sometimes in between his breaks, he'd stop by to grab a coffee just to see me. Sometimes he didn't even order anything, he just acted like he would.

"Mallory!"

I sighed, hearing her voice. "Esme I'm coming with your coffee now," I told her, walking from around the wall and over to the counter where she waited.

"About time," she smiled, taking the coffee from the counter where I place it.

"I didn't take that long,"

"Someone's grumpy,"

"Billie didn't come and see me yesterday,"

"Boohoo,"

"No Esme I'm serious. He's not spoken to me at all- I mean, I called him on my break. No replies to any of my messages,"

"I'm sure he's not doing it on purpose Mal." Esme assured, taking her coffee cup by the handle as she made her way over to one of the closet tables to the counter.

I sighed, leaning my arms over on to the top. "I know that,"

"I still can't believe this whole teacher thing-"

"-Hes not a teacher anymore," I ushed.

"Was this not going on while he was?"

"Well.... not like this,"

"What's this?"

"It's developed, y'know?"

"And are you guys together?"

"No..."

"No?"

"Well- it's complicated,"

"Sounds it," she whispered, taking a sip of her drink.

I rolled my eyes, walking away and around into the back.

Walking around the wall, out of sight from customers view, were where the sinks, cups, plaits, drinks, food and whatnot where kept, stored and made. It was most normally quite steamy around the back, as to why I didn't tend to stay there long. I grabbed a wet cloth from the side of the sink making my way back out. I walked around the counter to the table next to Esme's.

"Maybe he's just not seen his phone much," I spoke, mostly trying to convince myself it wasn't a biggie as I wiped the table.

"I'm sure he's not ignoring you,"

"I wouldn't think so, I don't think I've done anything wrong,"

"Had anymore fights with Tyler?"

I laughed slightly. "Dont test me, ever since he's found out I've gotten the job here he's been in and out this Cafe like he's a caffeine addict,"

"Maybe he is,"

"Maybe. With a regular order of ice tea,"

"Y'know he always had a thing for you, maybe he still just likes you Mal,"