Explanation

"Liam?" I said when he came through my window, sitting up in my bed. I turn on my light. "What are you doing here? It's like twelve in the morning."

"I know, but, um, c-can we talk?" He asked me, and I yawn, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Sure. Maybe then you could explain to me why you're here. Not that I mind." I said, and he took a seat on my bed.

"You know how I fought that berserker?" He asked me.

"Of course. It was really brave of you." I tell him, and he shook his head.

"No. I'm terrified. I keep seeing them during the day. I'm terrified to go to sleep." He said, looking me in the eyes. "How am I brave when they scare the hell out of me?"

"Liam, it's okay to be scared. That's part of being human. Just because you're a werewolf now doesn't change that." I bring my hand up, cupping his cheek. "And the fact that you even had the guts to fight one even though you've been a werewolf for a month and a half is pretty brave to me. It's okay to be scared. You don't always have to pretend like you're okay."

Liam brought his hand up to mine and took it away, starting to put something on me, and it was my charm bracelet.

"H-How?"

"I found it with Lyle. It was in his hands when he was leaving. I knew that you would never take it off since your sister gave it to you, so I got mad, and I punched him. Scott pulled me off before I could get a third in. Malia was actually cheering me on." He said, and I giggle. "Look, you don't have to tell me because I have a pretty good idea about what happened, but you are one tough girl, Casey Argent."

I smiled at him. "Thank you for what you did. But you didn't have to. You could have gotten in trouble."

"I know. But I wanted to. I really, really like you, Casey. And I would love it if you would be my girlfriend?" He asked me, and I thought about it teasingly. "Casey..."

"I'm kidding. I would love to." I said, and he pressed his lips to mine, pulling me closer to him when I heard a knock on my door.

"Yeah?" I said, wondering who was knocking on my door.

"Yeah, um, I think you're both forgetting that Malia also has enhanced hearing and can hear everything you two are doing, so Liam... if you don't step away from my baby sister right now, I will beat you with a bat." Stiles threatened, and we tried not to laugh.

"Go away, Stiles! I don't complain when I hear you and Malia going at it, so leave me alone!" I said to my brother, and he grew silent until I heard him walking away from my door.

"He does know a bat can't hurt me, right?" Liam asked me.

"Oh, he knows. He just doesn't care. Now I'm tired, and we have school in the morning, so can we please go to sleep?" I ask him tiredly, and he nodded. The two of us went under my covers, and I shut off my light. I lay my head on Liam's chest and wrapped an arm around me protectively, holding me close to him.

-

"Casey, wake up." I heard someone whisper in my ear. "Casey, come on before your dad kills me. Wake up."

I flutter my eyes open, yawning a bit, and I look up to see Liam smiling down at me.

"Good morning." He said to me, and I smiled.

"Good morning," I whisper, and I look over to see that I should be getting ready for school right about now.

"Casey, you up?" My dad asked from outside my room.

"Yeah, I'm up!" I said, hoping he wouldn't come in here.

"Okay, well, hurry up and get done." He told me, walking away from my door.