Mexico

"You are not going to Mexico!" Our dad said to us both when we brought the idea to him to get back Scott and Kira from my aunt.

"Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico. Okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico." Stiles said to him.

He walked behind his desk, leaning forward a bit. "Okay. Even if Deaton is right about this... the best thing to do is go through the proper channels."

"Dad-"

"That means calling the right enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."

"Dad, I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay? Someone needs to go down there right now, find them, and rescue them. I'm going." He told him defiantly.

"And so am I," I said, backing him up, and he looked between the two of us.

"I can keep you both from going."

"I'd find a way," Stiles said.

"I can throw you in a cell." He said.

"I can bend metal," I said with a smirk, and he sighed in defeat, walking back around.

"Stiles, Casey, please. Just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye!" He said, pointing to his head for emphasis. "Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book three flights to Mexico. We all go. Okay?"

Yeah, we're so not going to listen to him.

"Okay, okay, great. Do I get a gun?" He asked, and my eyes widened.

"No." He said automatically.

"But Casey can use a bow and arrow and a pair of daggers?" He pointed out, finding it unfair.

"Your sister knows how to use them. Besides, she won't accidentally shoot herself somehow." He said, and I laughed at the look on Stiles's face.

"No faith in me whatsoever." He mumbled, and I laugh harder, as we started to walk out. "We are so not listening to him."

"No way in hell, big brother." I said, and the both of us fist bump.

-

"Please tell me you did not just grab his boxers." I asked my brother in disbelief.

"Do you want to find them or not?" He asked me, and Malia cringed. She decided to be smarter and grabbed his pillow, showing it to him.

"That works too." He said since he didn't think of that, and we all rushed out of Scott's room and downstairs to see my boyfriend standing in the kitchen.

"Oh! Liam, go home. You're not coming with us." Stiles told him.

"Why not?" He asked him.

"Because it's a full moon. And I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out." He said, not having it with him.

"You can lock me up, right? Chain me down to the back seat or something." He suggested, and I knew he wanted to come to help. I mean, Scott is his alpha and his friend, so I can't really blame him.

"You tore through the last chains, remember?" Malia reminds him.

"Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there," Stiles said, using a Star Wars reference.

"Okay, then where do we get Carbonite?" He asked us, and we look at each other in shock before looking back at him.

"After this is over, we're having a Star Wars marathon." I decided, not giving him any room to fight me on it, and my brother grabs me so we could leave.

"Wait!" Liam stops us again, moving in front of us. "What if we put me in the trunk?"

"You'd get out of that, too," Malia said.

"Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes. You don't have to do this." Stiles told him.

"I know I don't, but I want to. There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk, or something. There has to be." He said, being very adamant about coming with us.

"Maybe there is," Stiles said, and that made me wonder what he meant.

-

We got out of the car when we saw Braeden roll up with the prison transport van, and we walk over to meet her.

"How did you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked her.

"I'm a U.S. Marshal." She said in response.

"Yeah, I just thought that was just a cover." He said, and she looked at him in amusement.

"Are we really bringing him?" Derek asked, pointing to Liam.

"Are we really bringing the psycho?" Firass shot back, pointing to Peter, and I tried not to laugh, but Jocelyn did not care at all if she got glares for laughing.

"We're bringing everyone that he can," Peter said. "And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going."

"What's that mean?" Malia asked him.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?"

"What, she wants to make him younger?" Stiles questioned.

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf." Derek piped up, and I shook my head.

"No. No, it has to be something else. I know my aunt, she's planning something. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember." I said, biting my lip. "There was something I read in the Bestiary... but I don't know."

"Well, I think it would be good if you remember what that was. Because we have no idea what we're walking into." Braeden advised me, and I nodded.

"So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going," Peter said.

"We can't. Not without Lydia." Stiles said, refusing to leave without her, and he stepped away to call her after he told them where she was.

"What's she doing at the school anyway?" Derek asked.

"We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker." Malia told him, and Stiles came back.

"Nothing."

"If she has a car, she can catch up to us," Braeden said.

"That's a good point. We'll call her from the road." Peter said, and I glare at him.

"Hell no. Something's wrong. She would have answered by now." I said, and my brother agreed with me.

"Fine. The two of you stay. You find her. We're gonna go on without you." He said, and I wondered why he wanted to leave without her so bad.

Something's not right.

"I could call Mason." Liam piped up. "He has a study group at school. Maybe he could look for her."

Stiles sighed. "All right. Fine." Liam takes my hand, and we go over to the prison transport van to get into the back.

"Remember what we're dealing with here." Peter stopped us. "It's not just Kate, it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume that there's any humanity left. Oh. This little one is terrified of them, aren't you?" He asked, and I squeezed Liam's hand reassuringly.

"Don't worry, my friend. It is that fear that will keep you alive. A reminder to everyone. You do not fight Berserkers to survive. You fight to kill." He said, and something still didn't sit right with me. Something about the way he spoke just bothers me.

I gasped when Liam picked me up and placed me in the back of the van before getting in himself.

"I could have done that myself," I said to him, and he smiled.

"I know." He said, kissing my cheek, and I was blushing red by then.

He is way too sweet. But I like it.