2.[Where He Is Not Aware Of His Sibling]

[August---The Following day at the end of School]

“Daddy!!” Kay ran up to me.

“C’mere baby.” I smiled, I was watchin’ ha talk to that little Jeremiah boy on the outside for a whole 5 minutes now, until she saw my car.

I lifted ha up and leaned against the car door . “Daddy I thought Ms.Phe Phe was gonna take me home today.” She looked up at me.

“Yeh’ she is.”

“So then why you here Daddy?” She ran her fingers against the chain around ma neck.

“ ‘Cause I gotta tell Phe Phe a’ important message.” I spoke.

“Okey dokey.”

I studied ha lah’ face for a while. “What daddy tell you ‘bout talkin’ to boys?”

She grinned, showin’ ha new growing teeth. “Dadddddddy.” She lifted ha hands coverin’ her face.

“Kaitlyn…You betta look at Daddy when he talkin’ to you.” I adjusted my arms.

“But Dadddddy. I know you talkin’ about Johnathan. He’s my bestfriend!”

“I’m your best friend. Me. Right hea’.” I smiled, removing ha hands.

“But he is my best Schooool friend. You just my best daddy friend.”

I smiled, wiping a hand down ha face.  “You gon do me like that?”

“Daddy you jealous.” She grinned. “ Ms.Phoebe say that jealous people just want to be loved .”

I smiled seein’ how quick she was to say something Phoebe done told ha. “She told you dat’?”

“Mhmmm.” She nodded, swingin’ nem ponytails. “She teach us that everybody just wanna be loved. Even bad guys.”

“Even bad guys right.” I licked my lips rememberin’ dat. For a long time.

“August?” I looked up and saw Phoebe standing thea’.

“Baybeh.” I smiled. “Get inna da car Kay.” I stepped back opening the door for ha and she crawled inna da back seat.

“What are you doing here?  I thought you wanted me to carry Kaitlyn home.” She said, walking closer to me, fixing the papers in ha hand.

“I know. But I hadda tell you sumn’. Things came up.”