52

Play when you see *

Aaliyah Moreno

I give myself a once over as I stand in front of the bathroom mirror. I turn to the side to see what the dress that Aurielle got for me looks like. It's safe to say it hugs me in all the right places and looks like something I'd wear a lot. I'm so grateful she convinced me to wear it.

It was getting dark out, the days now getting shorter as autumn rolls slowly on into winter. But there was still enough light outside for it to be a gorgeous evening.

"Aaliyah honey, are you okay in there?" Harry questions from the other side of the bathroom door.

"I'm perfectly fine love, I'll be out soon I promise." I say back loud enough for him to understand what I said. I smile to myself as I look at myself in the mirror. I couldn't wait for tonight.

It's almost as if yesterday's events pushed themselves to the back of my brain. Apart from the parts of it I wanted to keep at the front. Like Harrys new nickname for me and him sitting on the balcony with him. The reason I wasn't talking much on there was because I just wanted to soak up the moment, I just never wanted it to end.

It was the calm after our storm. And the good thing about it is we were in that storm together, but sought shelter with each other too. It just took us some time to realise that the shelter was actually each other. I honestly don't know where I'd be if Harry wasn't here with me. This man has just flipped my life upside down.

But I'm not mad about it, sometimes it's nice wandering about the unknown.

"Aaliyah!" Harry says through laughing from downstairs.

Jesus Aaliyah, way to go getting lost in your own head.

"On my way!" I shout back. Before opening the bathroom door and making my way down the hall. I cant help but express my giddiness through a bright smile and pigmented cheeks as I walk down the stairs.

"Woah." Harry says with not even a hint of secrecy. He knows what he's doing. He finds his way to crawl under my skin and ignite goosebumps all over it through the simplest of words.

"You look so handsome." I compliment him back as my fingertips graze lightly over the shoulder of his black tuxedo. My fingers have a mind of there own as they trace over the white patterned lace of his shirt and make there way along his black silk tie.

"I want to give you something petal." He says, my stomach immediately feeling sparks of electricity with the new nick name. I loved everything about it. And although the five letter word didn't have much meaning to It, he gave it a meaning and a purpose regarding me. The reason he gave me was for everything surrounding sunflowers, although the word was small and he used it lightly, I knew he meant it in a way that would engrave itself onto my soul forever.

"What is it?" I ask curiously as he keeps his eyes on mine but his hands navigate there way through the inside pocket of his blazer. He pulls out something but keeps a tight grip on it in the palm of his hand.

"Close your eyes." He whispers in my ear as he walks behind me. I laugh slightly under my breath and close my eyes gently.

I feel his hands go over my head before a cold piece of metal is placed on my neck, I feel him fumble around behind my neck before he lets go. He pecks soft kisses on the back of my neck while his hands squeeze my shoulders gently.

"Hey that tickles." I laugh and shift away but still keeping my eyes closed like he asked. This man had some form of dominance over me, almost as if I was drowned under some spell of his and I couldn't come up for air. But If this is what it feels like, I'm content staying under the water.