SIEBEN

CHAPTER 7|WELCOME BACK

YOU ALWAYS TAKE CARE
OF ME, EVEN AFTER ALL THE
TROUBLE I CAUSED YOU...

WELL, THAT'S WHAT
YOU DO WHEN YOU
LOVE SOMEBODY

THE SMELL OF CHAMOMILE seemed to have woken up the fair toned boy

THE SMELL OF CHAMOMILE seemed to have woken up the fair toned boy. Slowly taking in the objects around him, Elias could tell he was in his room. The shelf full of awards, the rackety desk in the corner that he can't seem to part with. Everything was in its place just like how he remembered.

Following the scent of chamomile, he was startled by the presence of three recruits. All three of them adorning different expressions; aloofness, worry, and nervousness. The sound of his back cracking as he sat up had satisfied him—letting out a content sigh. Grabbing the warm cup from his nightstand, he looked over the three, analyzing their body language.

"So, to what do I owe you for this visit?" The raspiness in Elias voice made a certain brunet feel butterflies. Clearing his throat, Eren spoke up. "We wanted to see how you were holding up. Hange said you fractured your rib during your encounter with the female titan..." at the mere mention of her, the redhead could see how tense Jaeger had become.

Leaning in, Elias flicked Eren's forehead. The tanned male was about to yell at the redhead but stopped when he saw the look in his eyes. Both of his friends noticed his actions but decided not to comment on it. At least, not when they're in front of the officer.

Elias's hazel eyes looked absolutely drained. That fake smile that he showed the trio made it painfully obvious that he was hurting inside. The redhead looked down at his entangled hands, the bandages wrapped around his palms bothering him. "It's not your fault Eren, don't go blaming yourself for my carelessness"

His grim hazel clashed with remorseful teal. The way the brunet's body shook didn't go unnoticed by the rest. "If, If only I transformed sooner! Levi squad wouldn't have been wiped out, you wouldn't be injured right now, Elias!" By now, tears started to well up in the teens eyes. His guilt consuming him whole.

The injured officer could only stare at Eren as he broke down, not sure on what to say. Although he wanted to tell him that their death wasn't in vain, that his injuries were out of his own lack of self control—knowing Eren, he wouldn't except his explanations. Instead, he let the teen cry, awkwardly patting his back to comfort him.

That is until he sensed an overbearing presence. Stiffening up, he roughly shook Eren shoulders. Snapping the teen out of his weeping. Elias had remembered Hange rambling about getting blood samples from Jaeger—curious to see if his blood had any affect on his titan abilities. Ordering Eren to find Hange, Elias was left with the other two recruits.