NEUN

CHAPTER 9| OPERATION:
CAPTURE THE FEMALE
TITAN PT.2

WOULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN
NICE TO GROW UP HERE?

...YEAH. SADLY, WE
WEREN'T SO LUCKY IN
THIS LIFE

ELIAS DOVE TOWARDS THE tunnel, flinching from the immense heat radiating off of Annie's titan

tunnel, flinching from the immense heat radiating off of Annie's titan. He coughed loudly, his throat suddenly feeling dry as he accidentally inhaled dust. The screams of the towns people were drained out as he ran. Breath slightly hitching as he held his left rib.

'Fucking hell! Why now of all times?'Gritting his teeth in annoyance, the redhead had no choice but to push through.
If it wasn't for Annie's large hand trying to grab him, Elias would've gladly taken the time to catch his breath. Maybe even readjust the straps on his body that were slowly loosening. Unfortunately, now wasn't the time.

Taking a sharp inhale of oxygen, Elias moved forward—the nagging voice in the back of his mind now going silent. The redhead only had one thing on his mind, and that was finding the troublesome trio.

The sudden rush of wind garnered his attention—placing all of his body weight on his right side to prevent himself from falling over. Catching sight of not only the troublesome trio, but also the smushed bodies of his comrades made Elias spring into action.

Taking the three by surprise, he swiftly dragged them by their shirt collars. Elias struggled a bit since Mikasa and Eren wiggled their way of of his grasp, Armin being the only one in his grasp. Checking the area around him, Elias swiftly let Armin down, subtly telling the three that the coast was clear.

Jaeger tried transforming but ultimately failed. The blood from his hand dripping onto the ground. The redhead was about to approach him but Ackerman beat him to it. Elias should've been quicker.

"You still have reservations about fighting Annie? After everything you've seen, do you still think it might be a mistake that Annie is the female titan?" The tone in her voice dangerously became icy. Hell, Eren's pupils started shaking like crazy. "What did you see? She's the one who killed our fellow soldiers. How can you still think that?"

Eren once again tried biting into his hand—mouth only inches away when he noticed Elias's larger ones on top of his. Looking up, Eren saw the officers pained expression as he discussed matters with the other two. Those jaded eyes looked back down, a frown started growing on Eren's face as he watched Elias's grip loosen.

"Alright, so we'll go with your plan right, Armin?"

"Yeah. Do you think you'll be okay? You're still recovering and—" Ruffling Armin's blond locks, the taller of the two gave the shorter a reassuring smile. "I'll be okay. Don't worry about me"