𝐈𝐈

OVA 2| HELIOTROPES - THE YEAR 843

YOU'RE WEIRD...BUT I LIKE YOU! ELI, LET'S PROMISE TO ALWAYS BE TOGETHER!

ELIAS QUIETLY STOOD NEXT TO Grisha as the man introduced him to his son, Eren

ELIAS QUIETLY STOOD NEXT TO Grisha as the man introduced him to his son, Eren. He had chocolate brown hair, his hair being parted in a manner that showcased his quite large forehead. Eren had the doctors teal eyes, contrasting his mother's honey brown. He was pretty, though Elias doubted he'd like to be called that.

Eren too, was captivated by the red haired boy in front of him. Those big hazel brown orbs complimented his slight olive complexion. From what he could remember, Elias was found outside the walls-the towns people were raging over his sudden appearance. It was announced that he had no family, not even a last name to connect him to someone.

What's even more amazing is that Elias and him share the same birthday! Hell, they're the same age. The young child was quite ecstatic, Armin(Eren's only friend) at times couldn't spend time with him-Arlet senior needing his assistance on some occasions. Elias's presence arrived at the perfect time!

Grisha patted the redheads hair, garnering the child's attention. "Why don't you show Elias around? I'm sure he'd appreci-" the man never got to finish his sentence as the brunet dragged the redhead out the front door.

◂ ❚ ⊱ꕥ⊰ ❚ ▸

He wasn't very talkative, in fact, he just stared. Throughout Eren's tour Elias never once asked questions. He mostly stuck to holding the brunet's hand-shaking his head whenever Jaegerboy asked a yes or no question. That bothered Eren to an extent, desperately wanting to hear the shorter's voice.

Currently, the two kids laid underneath the tree that Eren proclaimed as his favorite resting spot. The chirping of birds, the cool breeze that passed by, everything was so peaceful. Elias could see why the brunet was fond of the area-it was a nice escape from reality after all. Those giant walls only being a few miles away.

The redhead also took notice of the amount of heliotropes that surrounded the field, all differing in cluster size. Looking towards his right, hazel orbs took note of the brunet's resting figure. Taking advantage of his silence, Elias quickly worked on weaving the flowers stems to make a crown.

He wanted to thank Eren for today.

Eren stirred awake when he heard the bell ringing from a distance, announcing to the towns folk that evening had arrived. Turning to his left, he grew alarmed when he didn't see a familiar pretty face beside him. Quickly getting onto his feet, the young boy searched the area nearby-looking for any clue of the red haired boy.

It wasn't until he heard a raspy voice call out to him did he turn around. Dirt littered the pretty boy's hands as he ran towards Jaeger, almost slipping if it wasn't for Eren's quick reflexes. As Eren was about to tell Elias off for going off on his own, he noticed the flower crowns in his hands.

Heliotropes, the flowers of devotion and eternal love.

Eren knew that the boy most likely didn't know the meaning behind said flowers, but that didn't stop him from feeling a swarm of butterflies in his stomach. A rosy hue rested on his plump cheeks as he let the redhead place the crown on top of his head. Elias already adorned his own flower crown, albeit his being a bit sloppy.

The brunet muttered a 'thank you' earning himself a small smile from Elias. Before he could say more, the bell rung once more, giving its final warning for any towns folk still outside the wall. Huffing out of irritation, Eren grabbed ahold of Elias's small hand-interlocking their fingers. As the sun set behind them, the duo knew that their time together would end soon.

Tugging on Eren's cardigan, Elias looked at the brunet with hopeful eyes. Not exactly sure what to do if the boy were to reject his request.

"Can I come by again?"

Eren was surprised by this, assuming that the aloof face the redhead wore the entire day was out of sheer boredom. Hell, seeing Elias's pretty face pleading him to say 'yes' made his chest swell. Eren was overjoyed. Squeezing the smaller's hand, he showcased his toothy grin.

"You better come by again! I still have a lot to show you"