Camp Half Blood: The Story Continues

• Dedicated to Clara

*Ok So this is the first chapter, sorry guys, its pretty long. It's just an intro to what's gonna happen here. So yes, this is yet another Percy Jackson fan fic (: Enjoy! Comment! This is just a really really really long flash back btw. Oh and it's not really pg-13, wattpad is just being retarted and won't let me rate it as pg D: Y U NO LET ME CHANGE IT WATTPAD??!! :P kay enjoy!*

Then.

 I looked out the frosted window desperately. Frost collected on the edges of the window pane and snow pilled up on the bottom. A whirlwind of whiteness blew outside. Trees fell, bushes were crushed; it was a pure white wonderland. The sky was grey and dark; I couldn't even see the moon. As the gust of wind passed, I shivered and hugged my knees tightly. The orphanage wasn't the hottest place on a cold winter day like today. I hid inside my giant long-sleeved shirt just to keep warm. I wiped away the fog from the window and looked outside. But there was nothing to see, it was just white wherever you looked. I became bored eventually with my ADHD and all and scanned my room with my brown eyes. I looked to see my 'adopted little sister' Elena. If you are wondering why I said 'adopted little sister'; it's a long story. Let me explain:

I was only seven years old and I was wandering the streets of New York---that was only four years ago. All I remember is trying to stay alive and fighting monsters. Yes, monsters. And I don't mean the scary hobos that live on the streets of New York (but they can get pretty scary, trust me), but real monsters. I had found six year old Elena in the fetal position muttering something about monsters. I knew that she belonged with me at that point.

Four years later and Miss Hennington found us. She is the lady that takes care of us at the orphanage. For some reason our best friend Bennett hated Miss Hennington. But it was all after he turned twelve. Before that, he loved her and she loved him, then Ben seemed always scared and overprotective of us when she walked by. But I thought she was just about the sweetest old lady in New York to have ever been found. Although it was weird sometimes she'd have these weird fits that scared the living daylights out of little Elena. Miss Hennington would be minding her own business then, she'd break out in tears sometimes when Ellie or I came past her.

"Danger!" she would cry. Then she would say things in a voice that wasn't hers, "Doom! You will both perish. May the Tit-" and that was all she has ever said.

The small, petite ten year old girl sat on the top bunk. She was lucky because we knew her full name: Elena Lucia Lombardi. She had a pretty natural tan even in this cold weather just like me. She had long, curly golden brown hair that went just above her elbow and pretty soft blue-green eyes. Her hair was braided like it always was. She had an Italian look to her and that much we knew; she was Italian on her mother's side. She was singing a tune that calmed me. She sang it when she was happy, when she was sad, when she was lonely, no matter what she was feeling, she sang it. She said she remembered her parents singing it to her, but the weird thing is: she only remembered her mom.

"Ninna nanna di pace che invento  

Pensando a un bambino  

Che è arrivato stanotte dal luce col caldo che fa  

Trasportato sulle ali del vento  

Da un paese lontano, fin qua  

Con in tasca il ricordo più dolce di un'altra città," she sang.

Her voice was delicate and lovely for a ten year old. I didn't know what it meant and I don't think she did either, but it calmed us both.

"Ninna nanna di pace e domani sarà un giorno nuovo Come dentro una fiaba che parla di felicità.  

Senza l'ombra del lupo cattivo e la strega non arriverà Con un Re che assomiglia a mio nonno che la guerra non fa."

She had a sweet little smile on her face. Then again, she always did. For some reason, she was almost always happy or cheerful. She always looked on the bright side of things. I, on the other hand, didn't. I went straight to conclusions, I'll admit.