The Newbie

Elena's POV:

“That was close,” I whispered.

“Yeah,” said a familiar male voice. It was completely dark and couldn’t see a thing.

“Was that you Bennett?” I asked suspiciously.

“No,” came his reply that terrified me. I stood up and took out a flash light and we all screamed when we could finally see who it was.

“Bloody hell! Shut up!” Bennett told us. “For the love of the gods, they’re going to find us easier if we scream. It’s just Alex.” The innocent face of Alex looked up at us. But Bennett was wrong. It wasn’t just Alex. There was a boy next to him who looked up at us with stunning, lightning blue eyes. Miaz stumbled backward toward me.

“What’s wrong?” I whispered.

“My dream,” she muttered. Alex continued to shudder in the boy’s arms which was a funny sight considering Alex was older than the boy. He looked at us with curious eyes.

“Who’s he?” came Miaz’s curious words. Alex looked up and hugged me.

“You guys are alive! I knew, it I knew it! The council didn’t believe me, but I knew it!” he rambled. Ben huffed and gave him a hug.

“Yes we’re all alright. Now be quiet goat-boy,” Ben replied.

“I like how you guys ignored me,” Miaz said sarcastically, “Who is he?” He looked up at us and smirked.

“I’m Jason,” he replied. His voice was deep and rich, of course it wasn’t too deep he was only about 15.

"Oh just like Jason and the Golden Fleece right?" Ben asked. He had always been interested in myths and all that history stuff. Jason nodded proudly.

“Yeah. He's the son of….” Alex started. Jason glared at him as if saying ‘Don’t say it goat- boy or you’re going to become a goat ka-bob’. I smiled at him.

“It’s okay. We’re demigods too,” I replied. He nodded.

“So, who’s your godparent?” Miaz asked.

“Zeus,” he said almost reluctantly. Thunder rumbled in the distance. I gasped and stumbled back to Miaz.

“Oh, heh, cool,” I squeaked. Miaz rolled her eyes.

“So who are you guys?” Jason asked us. Bennett took the liberty of telling him our names for us.

“Well that’s Elena,” he said pointing to me. Jason flashed me a boyish smile and flicked his dark hair out of his eyes. I smiled back. He seemed so perfect and in control, just like his father. “And that’s Miaz,” he continued. Miaz just glared at him with shifty eyes. It was her look that was code for ‘I don’t know if I like you yet’. Eventually she said hi and Jason replied with a head nod. “And I am Bennett,” he finished in his proper, British accent. Alex froze like a statue, just then.

“What is it?” I asked pushing my side bangs out of the way.

They’re coming!” Alex said. “They’ve found us!”

“Not again,” I muttered as I stood up. Ben took me by the hand to help me up and we got out from our hiding place one by one. Little did I know that we probably weren’t going to see this place for a long time.