Around the Camp

June 22, 10:00 am.

Elena’s POV:

My head swirled with pain and dizziness as I tried to blink eyes open. At first, everything was blurry, but soon the blurry view became smoother. A familiar boy came into view. It was Jason. It took a lot of effort, but I turned my head to see an array of different faces. There was Jason, Miaz, Alex, Bennett and in the distance were Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. I forced a smile.

“She’s alive,” Alex screeched. He gave me a huge hug and I saw a wave of relief flash over the faces of my friends.

“Eh, sort of,” I said holding my head as I sat up.

“Take it easy,” Alex warned me. I leaned against the bed’s head behind me.

“What happened?” I managed to ask. It was a lot to take in really. So many thoughts ran through my head as they told me what had happened earlier today. What’s a Minotaur? Where am I and what am I doing here? I kept asking them questions, but it still made no sense. I faked a smile and nodded my head, pretending I understood. Alex and the others left to go to “training”. However, Jason, Bennett and Miaz decided to stay behind.

“You feeling okay? That Minotaur hit you hard,” Jason pointed out.

“You don’t say,” Miaz retorted. Jason raised his hands up in offense.

“Just saying,” he muttered. I managed to let out a small giggle, but it turned into a violent cough. Soon Alex’s cousin, Grover came in to assist me. He looked almost exactly like Alex: brown curly hair, goatee, facial hair, tan skin, brown eyes, and the same exact nose. Grover turned around to the table next to me and pulled out a tray. On the tray there were these squares which looked like lemon squares, my favorite dessert and a glass which was filled liquid that looked like ice tea, my favorite drink. 

“Here,” he said setting the tray on my lap. I gave him a blank stare.

“Well,” I started, starring at the strange food, “what is it?”

“Nectar and Ambrosia,” he said. The words sounded like Greek to me, no pun intended. The blank stare I had been given him had seemed to be a permanent facial expression for me ever since I had arrived to this place.

“It will make you feel better,” Grover told me simply. I reached down to take a bite of one of the lemon squares.

“Just don’t eat too much!” came his startling warning.

“Why not?” I said taking a dainty bite. As soon as it had entered my mouth, a tingling, warm sense covered my body as the Ambrosia melted in my mouth.

“This is food for the gods,” Grover tried to explain. I was just too lost in the whirlwind of flavor to pay any attention. All I could do was take another bite and another, and yet another.

“Too much will make you sick!” Grover’s voice interrupted my dream land. He grabbed the lemon square Ambrosia from my hands.

“Now drink the Nectar and you should be fine,” he told me. He was right. I was feeling a lot better. The tingling and warm sensation was still there and it was crawling all over my body. I reached for the glass of ice tea and put it to my lips, anticipating every drop of sweetness. The moment I tipped it onto my tongue, it warmed my mouth which made my lips tingle. It was the sweetest tea I had ever tasted, but of course it wasn’t tea. I longed for more, but I knew that wouldn’t be the smartest idea. I didn’t know what would happen if I had too much, but I didn’t want to find out. Now that I had drunk the heavenly remedy, I felt close to perfect. I hadn’t felt this satisfied in years. Come to think of it, I don’t think I have ever been this satisfied. Apparently, Grover had noticed. He took the glass from me and smirked.