Protein Shakes and Anatomy

Author's spiel: I hate when I read rushed romantic stories so I want to take time for y'all to see why they actually like one another. I hope to update more frequently since my creative juices are flowing: *edited* okay, byeeee

Noah's POV-

My head was throbbing like it'd never throbbed before. I had survived morning workouts, homecoming festivities, alumni brunches- you name it but this shit was unheard of.

I had fucked myself over this past weekend and was now paying the price Monday morning as the clock struck seven - rise and shine little shit. 

I wasn't even hung over but still felt the aftershocks of staying out so late before the first day of classes : even if the reason for doing so was validated.

After leaving  Naveen I headed over to Lauren's address to make sure she had made it safe since my boy was forbidden to and Lauren was my friend regardless. He sulked the whole way over FaceTime which shouldn't have looked as funny as it did but I was still willing to help.

Everyone knew Lauren was almost always exclusively with us so imagine my surprise when a tiny stranger creeped out the front door of her flat so late?

Last night was a bit of a blur but I did vividly remember her eyes more than anything. Calculating orbs that reminded me of amber honey. Her face was framed with wispy curls that fell out of her long ponytail youthfully. She radiated all the fun and youth the adults in your life beat out of you.

Most of all I remember the shape of her lips as they pursed, laughed,  and mocked me from the moment I met her.

Zahra. I tried not to think too long about her because the consequences of being sucked into a girl would fuck my career, I had learned the hard way last fall even if it hadn't been serious.

I didn't need my mentor or uncle to tell me that much, at least not this time. So with that thought I forced myself off the mattress and on my feet in a beeline for the kitchen.

My nutritionist had my weekly meal schedule on both a physical and virtual calendar and breakfast was always prepped.

As I cracked open my fridge, a bedroom door upstairs slammed open. A woman screamed curses and threats as she stomped down the stairs.

I simply took a sip of my shake as my friend followed like clockwork: this was always interesting.

There was Sai bounding down the stairs behind a busty brunette. The woman's long hair had the fresh fucked finish and boy did she look pissed.

I smiled into my shake as Sai did what he always did the morning after. "Wait, Valentina. Can you just slow down? At least here me out!" My guy was out of breath as the woman huffed even louder during her descent.

I opened the fridge again and this time grabbed my prepped bowl as they downed the last step. This Valentina was very pretty, gorgeous even, but then again they all were if Madden took an interest.

We had been living together for what felt like forever and this was his worst habit. Madden didn't fuck to be an asshole and leave women hanging like some other guys I know. Truthfully I just don't think he was smart enough to know that women didn't like sharing a guy and wanted something deeper beneath his cheerful exterior .

I don't even think my friend was ready to give anyone anything deeper in this stage of his life but the efforts of these women were definitely a sight. So as I watched him bite back laughs and smiles I almost felt bad for that Valentina girl.

Key word: almost.

I actually let my own laugh escape as I watched her get even more flustered while searching for the thong behind our island.