chocolate & wine || kenta x reader

Butler Kenta x Wealthy Reader
[slightly mature]

[you and kenta celebrate his birthday]

Rose petals scurried across the water as you run the tap. Feeling the warmth of the liquid, envelop itself over your whole body. A sweeter scent, filling the room as you stare into the light of your scented candle.

By now, the steam from the bath had formed sweat that beaded onto your forehead. Reaching over one last time to turn the tap off and sinking into the water; sighing as your back ached in long-awaited relief.

"Finally," you heaved. Feeling your chest get heavier under the water's weight. "Just what I needed."

Before you were to close your eyes however, a soft triple knock, had interrupted the sweet silence. A voice from the other side, calling to you.

"Miss (l/n). Your new business partner came by to drop off gifts, in celebration for the new partnership in your enterprise. I'm pleased to know your business is doing well," they called. "May I drop off the gifts on your bedside?"

You stare back at the sleek white door that kept you two apart. Imagining his tall stature just standing behind it, as you half-smiled.

"No. Come in."

There was brief pause. Almost giggling to yourself at his unseen reaction. You could almost picture it behind the door. "Come in, I say," you repeated.

"..Is it alright? I just hope that I am not too intruding on your personal space, miss (l/n). You're a lady, after all."

Knowing he wouldn't budge, you pull yourself up. Ignoring the dripping water that slid from your bare body, and wrapping yourself with a robe. Once you opened the door, you meet with his chest. Clad in the darkest shade of black, and the lightest hue of white. A tie, sitting under his collar. Sleek, and proper as usual. The tight white gloves he wore, allowing you see his protruded knuckles as he grasped the gifts in his hands.

That aqua shade under his glasses, widening at your sudden appearance in front of him. Instinctively stepping back, "miss (l/n), you didn't have to get up from your bath. I could have just left the gifts by your bedside. There was no need for you to go through all the trouble."

You grin cheekily at him, tightening the robe around yourself as you eye the red-haired butler. Turning his gaze away from you, he stares onto the floor. Promptly pushing his glasses up his sharp nose.

"No need to be so polite, Kenta. I'm all covered up." Eyeing the basket of gifts that he held in his arms so protectively, your eyes then sparkled in delight. "So? What of the presents?"

"They're chocolate and wine."

"Lindor chocolate?"

"Lindor."

"And what of the wine?"

Pulling out the single bottle, he inspects the cover. Nodding to himself as he showed it to you. "Romanée-Conti brand. Lavish, I must say. Your new business partner has quite the taste," he comments. A smaller smile, drawn onto his thin lips.

Leaning your body against the door's frame, you try to make your eyes meet with his. Grinning to yourself when he finally looked at you. Tilting your head, "say, don't you love to enjoy a little bit of wine yourself, from time to time?"

He places back the bottle into the basket, tucking it in carefully. "I try not to drink too much while on duty, miss (l/n), if that was your concern."

"No, no. That's not it." You paused, pursing your lips. "It's just that I was thinking about sharing some with you. After all, it is your birthday today, is it not?"