Four

Hope woke up and grabbed her diary. She walked to her mirror and sighed as she knew what today was going to be about.

Dear diary,
Since coming to Forks, I have been wanting to speak. Especially after meeting Emmett. That boy has made my life so much better. The nightmares are gone and I have moved on. I just wished I knew what could get me to speak. Could it be my feelings for him or what. All I know that Emmett is making me fall for him and I'm not regretting anything.

Hope sighed as she has nothing else to write. She walked away and downstairs. Hearing Bella meant that today may be long.
~~~
Emmett was trying to think of ways to get Hope to talk. He made a list of things that he hopes can help her. Emmett loves Hope the way she is, but she wants to speak after three years. "Emmett?"

"Yeah."

"We know you want to keep your promise, but you might have to think of the possibilities of her never talking again."

Emmett looked at Ian and held him against the wall with a glare. "Don't ever say that. I know she can do this." He said as Rosalie watched. "I will never think of the possibilities. I will keep my promise to her."

Rosalie watched as Emmett walked over to the table. "Emmett..."

"I'm not going to listen to anyone who wants to tell me to give up." He said. "Hope just has to speak on her own time and when that happens, I will be right there to hear her feelings."

Ian and Rosalie looked at one another and sighed. Emmett wasn't going to give up. They didn't say a word they believed this was a waste of time, but it would be nice to hear their friend. Hope has to make the right decision to talk, but when will that time be.
~~~
The next day, Hope walked into the cafeteria with Emmett. She listened as he told her about a camping trip coming up making her wish she could go, but her father probably wouldn't let her as she has school. "Hope." She looked up at Emmett. "I know that I promised to help you talk, but do you think you can?"

Hope pulled out her notebook and started writing with tears in her eyes. I don't think I can. It's been three years and I'm afraid that I'll never be able to say a word.

Emmett hugged her as she started crying. All she ever wanted was to talk, to tell Emmett how much she was falling for him, to tell him that she was grateful for being by her side and giving her time. There was so much that she wanted to say, but couldn't. "I'm here." Emmett says. "I will never leave your side."

Hope looked up and smiled. She kissed his cheek before walking to the Cullens table to sit. Everyone smiled at what they have just seen. Bella smiled as her sister had someone to help her, but she always wondered if Hope would talk. That was the question everyone thought. Will Hope Andrea Swan ever talk again?