Ribs

"P-please, Round Face." His voice sounded so different. So, absolutely contrast to what you normally hear.

There's no malice or chaos in its wake. No growl or underlying anger.

There's just hurt.

Desperate, needy, alone hurt.

"Get up..." he chokes, and goddamn. He could see the end from here. The long, painful, dreadful end. Maybe not the end of her life but-

It was the end of an era.

The era of wellness was over for sure. Wellness being days at the beach, glances across the class, crushes and twin blushes.

It was all over.

If they made it back home alone, they wouldn't be the same people they were before.

But at least they'd be home, right?

"please... I don't know what I'd do without you. You have to-'' he coughs, his heart clenching as he watched even more blood fall from her chin and ears.

Why can't he just speak? Why can't his words become solid mass with meaning and that golden glow that used to weave in between his sentences? Why is the color draining from her face so quickly?

"you gotta-" he lets out a low growl, half of it a bloody cough against her already tattered and dirty hero costume.

He never thought he'd feel this way.

So out of balance and lost without her.

Though he's never really been without her.

Through wet tears and scratchy throats, he does his best to pull her back from the tide.

"please..."

So out of reach, they were.

"I-" Izuku pauses, his breath catching on the thick emotion that had built up in his throat.

There they were, heroes-to-be cradling each other in their arms and bleeding out into the world.

There was nothing that could be done but watch their hopes and dreams leak onto broken gravel and dusty debris.

"I didn't know Kacchan cared about her so much." He finished, his watery eyes and clenched fists doing nothing to keep her alive in that godforsaken ambulance.

Shoto can't say much. Not when he just watched his best friend lose a part of herself in front of him.

All he can offer is a small observation, one that he had made out for the past two years.

"Neither did he."

And once they're loaded onto the ambulance, shivering while losing consciousness and adrenaline, his weak, scarred, callused fingers thread themselves in hers, and he sputters out the soft words he's been breathing since the battle.

"Please-" he sighs, a sleep deeper than it should be poking at his consciousness.

"please, Ochako... get up."

Teardrops on a metal floor.

Heart monitors going flat.

Hands once united torn apart.

Cold.

"Please."

Hello everyone! Here's another Drabble For The Soul! Thought I'd post one since I already posted earlier today.

Basically a big boy battle happens, lots of people are hurt, Katsuki and Ochako are mad dying, and Midoroya and Todoroki have to sit and watch.

God help me I can't stop making myself sad.

This one really reminds me of grey and love makes stars or whatever the hell I named that one shot lol.

Idk. I'm a sucker for angst.

Hope you liked it, please give me requests for DRABBLES (I can't start a full one shot right now, I have too much on my plate with Puppy Love) I need ideas.

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and leave a comment! Lots of love ❤️