State Of Grace

Ochako's breath hitched, her eyes widening. Did she just hear that correctly?

"I-" she blinked once. Twice. Three times.

"I passed?"

Aizawa, already crawling into his sleeping bag after a long day of testing only nodded weakly as he basically slithered away and into the depths of the shadows.

And then she was left alone in the arena. Her heart? Racing. Her sweat? Everywhere. Her exam? Passed.

Seriously!?

She did it! She did it- god!

She had been training so hard, working herself to the bone every day, and the outcome couldn't have been better.

Studying, sparring, earlier mornings, late nights, all for this! Her final exam in her final year of high school!

She did it.

Just then, the metal clang of the arena's doors startled her out of her thoughts, a wide, prideful smile making its way onto her face at the sight of her friends.

She scrambled to meet them at the entrance, her boots slapping against the floor while Deku's beaming smile lit up the arena.

Finally meeting in the middle, Izuku panted, his smile wide and his eyes watery.

"Uraraka," he began, followed by Tsu, Iida and Todoroki. "I'm so proud of you! I-"

"Hell yeah!"

It's within the blink of an eye that Bakugo had shoved past Deku in order to get to her, his running start giving him better momentum as he picks her up in glee and swings her around like a rag doll.

Clinging to his neck for security, Ochako can't help the giggles and squeaks that fly from her mouth. "Bakugo!" She laughs, his chaotic cackling and spinning slowing as he adjusts his hold on her.

God, she was so glad to see him.

When he didn't come out with the others she thought it was over, that his job was done and that they wouldn't be friends anymore.

She should have known better.

Pulling away from the crook of her neck, Bakugo's eyes spent less than a second searching for hers, locking in on them once he did.

They're just two smiling idiots, his arms under her thighs and her arms around his neck. From an outsider looking in, one might not assume that they were friends, but something more. Something closer. Something they both dreamed of regularly.

"I knew it!" He began, shaking his head bashfully. "I fucking knew you could do it, I-" Pausing to look closer at the brunette, the blond hero stilled.

Bakugo was usually very chill. And before you say anything about his supposed 'bad temper', he meant when it came to showing affection.

Whenever he had people in his life that he actually like/valued, he was always very stingy with showing that he cared. The most you could get out of him was maybe a confirmation of friendship or a nice gesture, never something over the top like a hug or a compliment. He thought that that would leave him open to vulnerability, and that it would only lead to bad things.

But this. This. This was different.

When he had heard over the speakers in the observation room that she had passed, he-

He just couldn't stop himself.

Bakugo had become so overwhelmed with joy and pride that he had quite literally swept her up in his arms in front of a crowd of people, not even bothering to compose himself as he held her. It probably looked weird, and it probably made him seem a little softer, a little more caring, but it was true. For her, at least. He was a little softer for her.