Chapter 17: Ticking Time Bomb

(Willa's POV)

It had been two days since I talked to Jakob... or rather, since he interrupted my walk. I was sitting in my room, staring at my old journal that I kept when I was in Gravity Falls before. I had read through some of my old entries, trying to recall what really happened... what I was feeling... things just didn't sit right with me anymore. A nagging voice in my head kept telling me to do things... bad things. Abandon my family, lay waste to this town, it was already falling apart...

A knock at the door broke my focus and I looked up, "Yes?"

I heard Will's timid voice from the other side, "W-Willa...? Could we see you in the living room... please?"

I groan, stand, and walk out to follow Will to the living room where my other brothers and Ashley were already sitting on the couch. I crossed my arms and looked at them all, "Yes?" I repeated.

Bill frowned, "We're concerned. AND! Before you interrupt and yell at us, we have good reason to be. You were trapped in the Nightmare Realm, the worst place in the cosmos for six months. You come back at a random time and you seem angry. Not yourself. You lock yourself up in your room, and when we try to speak to you, you yell at us. We... just want to know what's going on with you. We want to help, but we can't, if you don't tell us what is really going on."

I let out a long sigh. I was trying to avoid this. Figure things out on my own, I love my family still, so I don't want them to worry, but it seems my negligence has just led to more worry.

"I... I'm sorry. I tried to keep it from you so you wouldn't have to... deal with my issues. Thing is... I haven't felt... the same, since I've been back. I have felt angry.... almost all the time. I am not entirely sure why."

I watch as my brothers seem to shift in their seats and Ashley sets a hand on her chin, contemplating.

Kill spoke first, "Do you think you were possessed?"

I fight the urge to scoff, "I am a demon. I don't thing a demon can possess another demon."

Kill held up his hand, "Possibly... but I was talking with Tamma a few days ago and we were researching some stuff and since we have more physical forms without vessels, we may be able to get possessed. Our power was able to create living bodies for us, so by right of nature... other demons may be able to posses us in turn."

Bill stared at him, "You're crazy. There's no way that's true."

"Unless..." I hardly hear myself speak, "It is true. I was trapped there for six months with any number of demons surrounding me as I tried to hide with Strange. It may be possible that in our final attempt of freedom, that I was... taken over by some demon while in a weak state. I don't remember much from my last few moments in the Nightmare Realm, but I remember Tad saying that I had to go alone because there was some problem, and he wasn't able to get through with me. It's one of my biggest regrets."

Ashley spoke up, "So, suppose there IS some demon in you right now... how do we get rid of it? We can't exactly call an exorcist. You're all demons. If he does his work, you'll will be expelled from our world. How do we get rid of it without harming the rest of you?"

Bill held up his hand, "I think I know a guy."

(Bill's POV)

We stop in front of the Mystery Shack, all bundled up in our coats and winter wear.

Kill frowned, "The Pines Family? Really?"

"Hey, don't knock it 'til you try it," I smirk, "Besides, if there is one human I know who is an expert at expelling demons, it will be good Ol' Sixer."

"Sixer?" Ashley asked beside me.

"He means Stanford," Willa stated as she walks up to the door and knocks.

We wait about thirty seconds before the door opens and Pinetree is standing there.

"W-Willa? What are you doing here?" Pinetree's eyes widen, and he leans against the doorway, trying to act cool, but his shoulder slips and he stumbles a little. Typical.

Willa lifted a brow and shrugged, "I'm here to see Stanford. I've got a demon problem."

Pinetree frowned and Shooting Star walked up next to him, "Aren't you... all demons?" he asked.

Willa huffed, "Obviously, but I think one possessed me while in the Nightmare Realm. It's no longer my domain since my twin stole it from me and I need to get rid of this parasite. It's messing with my memories and mood. I hate it, and I never hate anything!" her voice went up an octave as she spoke, it was rather impressive.

Pinetree stared for a second, absorbing all this information, "Alright... he should be down in his lab. I'll take you."

Willa nodded, "Thank you, Dipper. It means a lot that you're willing to help me out."

Dipper blushed and Shooting Star poked his cheek, "Oooooh she complimented you! Your old cr—" she is cut off as Pinetree moves his hand over her mouth. She continues to finish mumbling before pulling away and laughing.

We all watch, baffled by this interaction. Finally, they let us all inside. Shooting Star takes Will and Kill and Ashley to the living room, while Pinetree takes Willa and me down to Sixer's lab. It was weird... how many times was I here and I am just now picking up how many demon wards are around this place. It was rather fascinating; most of them were old, and so their power was depleted and useless. Pinetree knocked on a wooden door when we got to the bottom and Sixer opened the door.

"Ah, Dipper. And Willa! And... Bill..." his voice turned sour and he frowned.

"Hey Sixer! How's my old puppet?" I ask, it was funny messing with him; bringing up his past failures and seeing his face darken.

"What do you want?"

Willa spoke up, "I have a problem. I believe a demon possessed me while in the Nightmare Realm and now it is fighting me for control. It is only a matter of time before... something bad happens. My temper is... easily excitable for the current time."

Sixer nodded and gestured us to come inside. We all crowd around an old foldable table and he listens as Willa starts explaining what she knows and remembers. As I listen, I realize just how much she has really changed... and how much I missed. Some of these things were basic knowledge, look for the signs and they're there. However, I was so blinded by my selfishness and problems with Ashley, that I missed them, and Willa was suffering alone. When did she ever let her own problems consume her and failed us? Never... wow... I really do need to shape up, don't I? Maybe Ashley was right. I put too much pressure on people, it's a scapegoat method to avoid my own problems and failures. Huh...